Unixware 2.01 logging into SCO 3.2.4.2 via 'cu'

Unixware 2.01 logging into SCO 3.2.4.2 via 'cu'

Post by nschr.. » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

In /etc/uucp/Config, Comment out the last two lines which are setting
your communications to 7 bit and something else. (I'm not near my
uw machine right now.

Post by Martin Sohnius x240 » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

: Interesting problem. When using 'cu' to log into a SCO 3.2.4.2 machine from a
: Unixware 2.01 (Novell) machine the Login: prompt comes up normally. As soon
: as you type the login name and hit "Enter", though, the cursor does a /r (but
: NOT a /n) and the process hangs till SCO times out.

: Going in the other direction (SCO to Unixware) is no problem.

: This happens at all speeds and apparently only through dial-up ports
: (telnetting in from Unixware to SCO works fine).

: Anyone recognize this and know of a fix?

The SCO end of the connection is not setting the icrnl option
to stty (on input, replace CR with NL).  The real fix should be
a changed setting in the /etc/gettydefs file on the SCO box.
To log in, just terminate your login lines (username and password)
with Ctrl-j instead of <ENTER>.  This may even give you sane settings
after the login is complete.

Novell IS & T, Bracknell, England             +44-1344-724031
*        if (status = UNDER_NUCLEAR_ATTACK)                       *
*               launch_full_counterstrike();                      *
(C) 1997 M.F.Sohnius -- free distribution on USENET
       (Not a spokesperson  -- just a cyclist!)

1. univel 2.01 upgrade/'cu' malfunction

Hi:

  Recently installed univel version 2.01.  Previously I was able to use
"cu", but now "cu", while, after some rigging, we were able to get it to
connect to the remote site, is unable to communicate properly.

  The cursor, after connection, and entering of log in name (and pressing
enter) returns to the beginning of the word login rather than to a
position after the word password:

  All help is appreciated.  Please e-mail me at the address below.

  Thanks - doug
--

   "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth"

3. Problems Update Unixware 2.01 to SCO UnixWare 2.1

4. And the winner for most bizarre GUI behavior is.... :-)

5. Problems Update UnixWare 2.01 to SCO UnixWare 2.1

6. Linux Cluster Rendering for Maya

7. ESS Allegro : ES1988 soundcard

8. UnixWare 2.01 PTFs area now available at ftp.sco.com

9. UnixWare (SCO) 2.01 Out of Memory! Error

10. I just upgraded to KDE 2.01: What is 'md5sums'

11. How to 'PRINT SCREEN' in 'cu'

12. Running Apache on UnixWare 2.01