DOS applications under UNIX

Post by Rusty Weave » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have experience running DOS under UNIX.  I've seen it on an
older version and was interested in running some DOS apps under a DOS
login shell.

I haven't had any luck starting a DOS command processor under SCO UNIX
OpenServer 5.  Does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work?

--
Rusty Weaver

DOS applications under UNIX

Post by Leonard Rosenberg J » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone have experience running DOS under UNIX.  I've seen it on an
> older version and was interested in running some DOS apps under a DOS
> login shell.

> I haven't had any luck starting a DOS command processor under SCO UNIX
> OpenServer 5.  Does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work?

Buy Merge (SCO Layered Product). Allows for dos and windows as a sub shell

Lenny

13010 Heil Manor Drive               | Web: http://www.lhrasso.com
Reisterstown MD 21136                | Fax: (410) 561-8056
                                     | Voice (410) 252-2439
Providers of turnkey solutions in the Unix environment

Post by Shane Gibso » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Does anyone have experience running DOS under UNIX.  I've seen it on an
> older version and was interested in running some DOS apps under a DOS
> login shell.

Rusty,

SCO sells a product called "Merge".  This allows you to
run MS-DOS 6.22.  You can also install Windoze 3.11 WFW
or lower.  I have used it many many times, and have found
it to be adequate for my tasks (un/zipping dos archives,
creating driver disks, running MS-Office under Windoze,
running GIF editors, running Adobe Acrobat (X version is
old...), etc..).

Contact SCO directly at (800) SCO-UNIX, or contact your
SCO reseller.  You can find more information about Merge
from the following web site:

        http://www3.sco.com/Products/Datasheets/merge.html

(be patient, this server is slow; and is being upgraded soon!!)

v/r
Shane

Shane Y Gibson        "...tiny little purple fishes run laughing through

(408) 429-4445         to the heartland of the winter..."      --cream--
Senior Systems Architect; IS Technologies and Architectures