SCO-ANSI ANSI code?

Post by Bela Lubki » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

> I'm writing a pretty simple windows terminal to login to our SCO box, and
> I've come across ansi ANSI code I've never seen before.  It is:
>   ESC[=16;0C

From screen(HW):

    CSI=s;eC          Sets the cursor to start on scanline s and end on scan-
                      line e.

Quote:> Also, but not importantly, I've come across several others but they don't
> SEEM to have any impact on the session so thus far I've been ignoring
> them (wrong choice?)  All of them contain the '=' sign with various
> endings such as I, J, K, and so on.  I assumed they were some sort of
> function, control, or graphics set up, but I could easily be wrong.

    CSI=cG            Sets normal background.  (See Color table.)
    CSI=cH            Sets reverse foreground.  (See Color table.)
    CSI=cI            Sets reverse background.  (See Color table.)
    CSI=cJ            Sets graphic foreground.  (See Color table.)
    CSI=cK            Sets graphic background.  (See Color table.)

There are others; use screen(HW) as your reference.  There are several
codes that aren't even documented there.  Here's something I wrote up a
while ago about codes which aren't documented in the SCO OpenServer
Release 5 screen(HW).  (These were instructions to the documentation
writer, if the style seems a bit puzzling...)

Quote:>Bela<

The following sequences are undocumented in the Release 5 screen(HW):

  ESC H    Sets a tab stop at the current cursor column

  ESC c    Clears the screen, homes the cursor and selects graphic
           rendition 0 (equivalent to CSI 2 J CSI H CSI 0 m).  This
           sequence is apparently called "RIS".

[None of the other sequences here have official ISO names, as far as I know].

  CSI n k  Controls keyclick: if n=0, turns it on; if n=1, turns it off

  CSI n G  Horizontal position absolute; same as HPA except that
           the cursor is positioned to column n-1

The entry for "TBC" should be followed by an entry:

  CSI n g  If iBCS3 compliance is not selected, output character n from
           the alternate graphics set (this is the same as CSI = n g)

The "0" entry in the SGR chart should be expanded to explain what it
actually does.  In particular, it should note that it selects the
primary font, if ANSI compliance is selected.  If ANSI compliance is not
selected, the font is not affected.

The "11" and "12" entries in the SGR chart should be expanded to note
that they are turned off (i.e. returned to primary, SGR 10) by SGR 0, if
and only if ANSI compliance is selected.

The CSI = n L entry should document the default settings and effects of
the "iBCS2 compliance" and "ANSI compliance" settings:

  iBCS2 compliance controls the behavior of the CSI n g sequence.  When
  disabled (the default), this sequence acts the same as the CSI = n g
  sequence.  When enabled, CSI n g may be used to clear tab stops.

  ANSI compliance controls the effect of the SGR 0 (CSI 0 m) sequence on
  the selected font.  When disabled (the default), SGR 0 has no effect
  on the font.  When enabled, SGR 0 selects the primary font, equivalent
  to issuing SGR 10.