FTP Transfer Rates

Post by la.. » Tue, 11 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Gentle Folk:

We have a T1 connection to the internet (NETCOM) and I have never seen an
FTP transfer rate over 47KB a second (about 1/2 to 1/3 of what I would
expect)....I talked with NETCOM about it and they suggested that I try
doing multiple FTP's and looking at what happens....with two FTP's going
consecutively, I get the same 47KB on each (on about a 1 MEG File).....

Netcom says that FTP sometimes, "throttles" itself to conserve bandwidth;
the above behavior would certainly suggest that, but I find myself a bit
taken aback.....

Any Help / Clarification / Speculation appreciated....

Thanx,

Larry