Ultra-Wide SCSI 4.3 GB and SCO Open Desktop 3.0

Ultra-Wide SCSI 4.3 GB and SCO Open Desktop 3.0

Post by Ted Hal » Mon, 24 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have a 4.3 GB Ultra Wide SCSI drive with an Adaptec 2940 UW.  When I try
to install Open Desktop the installation program incorrectly sees the drive
at a little over 400MB.  I've tried using the N1 replacement diskette as
well as using the BTLD shipped with the Adaptec to no avail.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted

Post by Tom Philli » Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>I have a 4.3 GB Ultra Wide SCSI drive with an Adaptec 2940 UW.  When I try
>to install Open Desktop the installation program incorrectly sees the drive
>at a little over 400MB.  I've tried using the N1 replacement diskette as
>well as using the BTLD shipped with the Adaptec to no avail.

>Any help will be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks,

>Ted

First, what exactly is the SCO version you are running?

Second,  there is an option in the Adaptec BIOS  which is turned on as a
default which is "BIOS Translation of DOS Drives > 1 Gb", turn that OFF and
see what happens.  Also, you might check the setting for "ULTRA SCSI speed" if
you didn't set ON already.

----------
Tom Phillips
Employers Resource

1. AIX 4.3.1, IBM 6208 Fast Wide SCSI, Seagate Ultra Wide 9.1 Gb drive?

Hello list!!

I am a technician for a company called Procom Technology.  We are resellers
of hardrives and I am having a tough time with a tricky AIX problem.  If

as I am not on the mailing list.  The situation I have is that a customer
has bought  a Seagate ST19171W from my company with the guarantee that it
would work in their system (described above).  From what I can tell over
the phone (ESP) is that the SCSI controller is configured correctly in the
system and is functioning correctly.  However, contrary to my experience
(with other OSes) AIX detecting the SCSI card does not impy that the
hardrive will be detected.  I need to find out if it is possible to
configure a non-IBM signature drive in AIX?  If it is, how is it done.  All
customer is flipping out!).

Many Thanks!

Keehan Mallon
Procom Tech Support

2. smbfs loses long file names with linux 2.0?

3. Ultra-Wide SCSI on fast/wide SCSI 2 adapter

4. EMERGENCY problem with cmd sort

5. FS: Quantum 4.5 GB Ultra Wide Diff SCSI drives

6. SSH API?

7. SCSI, SCSI-2, Wide/Ultra, etc SCSI????

8. Xwindows server installation

9. Can't Install at Ultra Wide SCSI HD (SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 )

10. Does lilo work with Ultra-wide scsi hard disk > 2.1G?

11. problem installing Yggdrasil Fall 1995 B with Quantum 4.3 GB SCSI disk

12. Ultra Wide SCSI and Ultra IDE

13. Ultra-Wide SCSI Controller Problem