RPC and inetd on 3.2

Post by Mark Will » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

We have a product under development that uses inetd to start an RPC based
program. The product runs under at least three different OS's and we are now
trying to port it to "SCO UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2". However, we can't
work out what to put in /etc/inetd.conf to make inetd start our server.

Here's what we use on AIX:
        prog sunrpc_tcp tcp nowait root /path/prog prog 40404040 1

Does anyone have any ideas on what the SCO equivalent is? None of our manuals
have any reference to this, so I suspect it may not be supported. We do have
NFS installed, and the server does run in "normal" RPC mode so I'm sure we
have all the necessary options installed. Any ideas?

Mark

RPC and inetd on 3.2

Post by Mark Will » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

We have a product under development that uses inetd to start an RPC based
program. The product runs under at least three different OS's and we are now
trying to port it to "SCO UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2". However, we can't
work out what to put in /etc/inetd.conf to make inetd start our server.

Here's what we use on AIX:
        prog sunrpc_tcp tcp nowait root /path/prog prog 40404040 1

Does anyone have any ideas on what the SCO equivalent is? None of our manuals
have any reference to this, so I suspect it may not be supported. We do have
NFS installed, and the server does run in "normal" RPC mode so I'm sure we
have all the necessary options installed. Any ideas?

Mark

1. Need help with rpc.statd and rpc.lockd messages (AIX 3.2)

For each workstation that I've upgraded to AIX 3.2 so far, we start to
get these messages on the console:

        Cannot register service: RPC: 1882-008 timed out
        rpc.statd: 1831-119 unable to register
                (SM_PROG, SM_VERS, udp)
        rpc.lockd: 1831-057 unable to register
                (NLM_PROG, NLM_VERS, tcp)

Are we missing something in /etc/services?  Any suggestions or help or
comments would definitely be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

2. ## NEW ## MULTITOOL for Linux

3. Q: how to call rpc.mountd from rpc-inetd?

4. HELP: Linux on Netserver LH3

5. RPC/NFS/YP Problems With Slackware 3.2

6. linux+ Soltek SL-75FRV + Athlon 1700XP+

7. How to get more RPC Client Handles in 3.2 ?

8. need XF86Config for Diamond Stealth 2001 and Micron 15FGx

9. OBSD 3.2/i386 current, Python an XML-RPC (long)

10. NetWise RPC Tool and AIX 3.2

11. Porblem veritas 3.2 cluster 3.2 import e deport disk group

12. Matrox Mystique ands X.

13. Problems running rpc.rexd from inetd