Max number of char in Message Queues

Post by Pamela Goldfa » Sun, 07 May 1995 04:00:00

Does SCO unix 3.2.4 have a limit on the number of characters that
can be buffered in the message queues.

I have the kernel paramters set as follows:

MSGMAP: number of entries in message map.
The current value is: 1600 (normally: 100)

MSGMAX: maximum message size.
The current value is: 2048

MSGMNB: maximum number of characters in a message queue.
The current value is: 130000 (normally: 4096)

MSGMNI: number of message queue identifiers.
The current value is: 50

MSGTQL: number of message headers (systemwide).
The current value is: 8000 (normally: 40)

MSGSSZ: number of bytes in a message segment.
The current value is: 8

MSGSEG: number of message segments in the system.
The current value is: 20000 (normally: 1024)

This should allow me to have 130000 or so bytes on any one queue or in
total, but I am maxing out at 65000 bytes.

Thanks for any info.

1. max number processes, message queues

I need to know how to determine the limits for number of processes
and messages on the RS6000 under AIX.  I would like to know this
for the system as a whole and for each user.  Also, how many child
processes a process can have.

I prowled around in smit and Info but had no luck.

thanks for your help

Oh. Does anyone know how to get Info to tell what manual to look in
to find the material being displayed on the screen?

Mainstream Software Corp.       about what I think or say nearly as much
411 Waverly Oaks Road           I care about how my boy responds to same.
Waltham MA 02154, 617-894-3399

2. Writing my own Filesystem? Possible?

3. max number of processes, message queues

4. ARCNET info wanted ...

5. Is there a max number of printer queues??

6. Xfree86 3.1 alters my virtual console colors

7. About IPC, max size of message and queue

8. Configuring X-Windows with fvwm

9. Message Queues max. limit?

10. msgctl & Max Message Queue Size

11. IPC queues : Number of messages

12. How can I tuning Max process number and open file number on Sun Solaris 7(Intel)???

13. Error Message of Message Queue