Zip drives and Sco Unix 3.2 ?

Post by Luca Riazz » Sun, 08 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi, i am a system administrator willing to find a flessible stuff to back up
every day just a few Mb.   For this reason  i have started thinking towards
ZIP drives as a solution.     The problem is:  are Unix and Zip really
compatible ?  and then, the IDE version would be enought or whould i have to
take the SCSI version of zip ?

Any help is welcome !

thanx everybody .

Luca Riazzi

1. HELP: SCO UNIX 3.2 drive replacement

I'll caution you in advance that I'm no UNIX guru (by a long shot).

I'm faced with the task of replacing a hard drive in a server that has
no disk fault tolerance.  Is there any easy way to perhaps mirror the
drives (one is a 1GB SCSI and one is a 2.4GB EIDE) and then break the
mirror?  Or is there a better way?  I have no clue as to what the best
route would be.

Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Josh Anderson
CompactData, Inc.
5161 Rio Vista Ave.
Tampa, FL  33634
813-884-0039

2. Problems with mhn on Linux

3. par. zip drive on sco unix

4. Automatically watching server status?

5. ATAPI Zip Drive 250 (SCO Unix 5.0)

6. Pipeline Mystery on Solaris 9

7. Zip Drive on SCO Unix

8. Plug and play monitor experience?

9. ZIP Drives on SCO Unix

10. 2GB scsi drive with sco 3.2 v 2.0, possible ?

11. SCO 3.2 v4.2 on 1Gb IDE disk drives

12. Problems (dparam error)Installing 2nd 1.2GIG IDE Drive on SCO 3.2 4.2

13. HP/Colo T1000 tape drive with SCO 3.2