NFS on Everest

Post by Tracey Fowl » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi

Has anyone had any problems with mounting NFS drives on Everest

I keep getting

'access denied' everytime I try to mount a drive

The drives I am mounting are on machines running SCO ODT3

I have checked that the drives are being exported correctly

Thanks for your time

Tracey Fowler

NFS on Everest

Post by Robert Li » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anyone had any problems with mounting NFS drives on Everest
>I keep getting 'access denied' everytime I try to mount a drive
>The drives I am mounting are on machines running SCO ODT3
>I have checked that the drives are being exported correctly

This very morning I'm sitting in front on an Everest box that's
running many mounts from an ODT3 system.  As long as the automounter
isn't involved, everything works great.  But since I don't have enough
details on that, we'll assume you're not running automounter.  [ Hint,
don't ever try automounter configs until you have NFS working right
with "normal" mounts. ]

Perhaps you have a name service problem with the reverse mapping
and the machines are unable to reverse map them.  Also, you have
to use FQDNs in the export lists. (and do the exportfs -v -a)  If
you rlogin to each machine from the other, a 'netstat -a' will show
an FQDN in the right hand column if name service is right.  If it
gives only an IP address, this is likely your problem.

Do they show up as being avaialble when you use the drive manager in
scoadmin?

--

1. SCO Everest/Eiger/Comet/etc. (was Re: SCO Everest & GCC)

[ultrapedantic mode *ON*]

Everest was never a product as such: it was a technology set which SCO
was evaluating (but don't tell the engineers--they still call the 3.0
products ``Tbird'' ;^).

Most of what was "everest" made it into SCO OpenServer Release 5 though.

[ultrapedantic mode *OFF*]

Best Regards,

Tim

--
The intellectual world is divided into two classes--dilettantes, on the
one hand, and pedants, on the other.

2. Alsa Problem, Help Needed!

3. SCO Everest and WABI

4. Online list of ports typically used by the black hats

5. SCO Everest/Eiger/Comet/Meteor/etc...

6. new linux user:should I install GNOME

7. DPT SmartRaid and Everest

8. Boot linux from any scsi devices ???

9. Old bug in sh not corrected in Everest ?

10. PPPfilters help with Everest!!

11. Everest, what does it cost, how can I get it

12. ppp on Everest

13. SCO's Launch Parties == Everest presentation ???!