FW: FW: Win98 and POP3 mail services

Post by Mark L. Wis » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I finally got this to work!!!!

The secret is when I installed Outlook 98 I installed support only for
Internet mail access.... (Stupid me, that's all I wanted...)  I installed
support for MicroSoft Mail servers AND Internet mail and voila... now
Internet mail only reads all mail messages, internal and external correctly.

Thanks to all who tried to help and I hope this helps anyone else in this
situation...

BTW, POP3 or IMAP on the SCO server side worked identically.... no SCO
problem here  :)

--
Mark L. Wise
Alpha II Service, Inc.
614 868 5033 (Voice)
614 868 1060 (Fax)

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, July 17, 1998 12:33 PM

Subject: Re: FW: Win98 and POP3 mail services

I never did succeed in getting outlook express to run with the sco
popper.  Netscape 4.04 fro win95 works just fine.

Did you ever get it to run ?
--

-bill-

FW: FW: Win98 and POP3 mail services

Post by Mark L. Wis » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Did I mention that I finally got Outlook to work fine with either POP3 or
IMAP???

The "solution" was to re-install Outlook telling it that I was going to use
MS/Mail and Internet mail.  I had first simply told the install that I
wanted Internet only mail...(Which is what I wanted, really....)

--
Mark L. Wise
Alpha II Service, Inc.