local users not receiving mail with internet faststart, virtual domains

local users not receiving mail with internet faststart, virtual domains

Post by Ken Whit » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Sco osr5.0.4

I am having a problem with sending across the internet to local users on
a sco openserver computer running sendmail 8.8.5 internet faststart and
virtual domains.

If the user is defined in the /usr/internet/ip/0.0.0.0/sco_mail passwd
file then the mail is received in the
/usr/internet/ip/0.0.0.0/sco_mail/spool directory.

If the user is not defined in the above password file then lmail bounces
the mail with an unknown user message.

I have DISABLED=0 & SYSTEM_USERS=1 in the config file (which I read to
be: pop mail enabled,  use /etc/passwd)

If you mail a local user from the computer (ie mail root) the mail file
is placed into the directory /usr/spool/mail, even if the user has an
entry in /usr/internet/ip/...

The sendmail.cf file is a generic tcp/ip setup without a smart host.

Can you mix local and ip mail together on the same server with virtual
domains ?  I desire to send mail to any user from both the inside and
outside to server.

Thanks in advance,

local users not receiving mail with internet faststart, virtual domains

Post by Maen Suleima » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi
if ur machine is called "somthing.domain.com" and u have also virtual

defined in the usr/internet/ip/0.0.0.0/sco_mail /passwd file .. but if u

the /etc/passwd ..
i hope that can help u

NTS - New Technology Solutions LTD/Galilee On Line -ISP
Tel:972-6-6456996, Fax:972-6-6550793,http://www.g-ol.com

local users not receiving mail with internet faststart, virtual domains

Post by Mauro Basto » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Dear Ken,

I have a same server (Internet FastStart) running sendmail 8.8.5, and
Email's for virtual domains function normaly.

You have defined pop server and use a private list in Mail
Configuration, if not, the system inform a unknow user.

Not is necessary change any local in server. Just define a Private List
in Virtual Domain Configuration and set your DNS (MX, A, CNAME, etc..)
correctly.

Mauro Bastos

> Sco osr5.0.4

> I am having a problem with sending across the internet to local users
> on
> a sco openserver computer running sendmail 8.8.5 internet faststart
> and
> virtual domains.

> If the user is defined in the /usr/internet/ip/0.0.0.0/sco_mail passwd

> file then the mail is received in the
> /usr/internet/ip/0.0.0.0/sco_mail/spool directory.

> If the user is not defined in the above password file then lmail
> bounces
> the mail with an unknown user message.

> I have DISABLED=0 & SYSTEM_USERS=1 in the config file (which I read to

> be: pop mail enabled,  use /etc/passwd)

> If you mail a local user from the computer (ie mail root) the mail
> file
> is placed into the directory /usr/spool/mail, even if the user has an
> entry in /usr/internet/ip/...

> The sendmail.cf file is a generic tcp/ip setup without a smart host.

> Can you mix local and ip mail together on the same server with virtual

> domains ?  I desire to send mail to any user from both the inside and
> outside to server.

> Thanks in advance,

local users not receiving mail with internet faststart, virtual domains

Post by Mauro Basto » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

My Friend,

I don't make any chage in my sendmail.cf !! This file don't want be
change.

I really worried about Name Server. All register in files of Name Server
need be corrects (MX, A, CNAME), an that this. Only this!

SCO Internet FastStart is ready to run Mail for Virtual Domains
automatically.

Mauro Bastos

> [...]

> mine
> doesn't?  The only thing I can think of is that sendmail.cf is
> different in
> some way.

> I've got:  databasix.com  206.66.160.161  physical    and
>            netbasix.net   206.66.160.173  virtual

> unknown.

> I'm running out of hair to pull out. :)

> --

> -------------
>                   How you look depends on where you go.
> -------------------
> Gary L. Burnore                       |
> Y?3oY3T3oY33Y?oY3T3oY3Y3T3oY3YY?3
> Y?3oY3T3oY33Y?oY3T3oY3Y3T3oY3YY?3
> DOH!                                  |
> Y?3oY3T3oY33Y?oY3T3oY3Y3T3oY3YY?3
>                                       |  Y?3 3 4 1 4 2  Y3T3 6 9 0 6 9
> Y?3
> spamgard(tm):  zamboni                |     Official Proof of Purchase

1. Internet Faststart Virtual Domains & DNS

Has anyone managed to get the Email for Virtual Domains working under
Faststart 5.02. The Setup of the Virtual domains works well, the Web and
FTP sites are available, but if I add mail users to the Virtual domain
and try to send them mail I get a "553 Mail loops back to myself error"

The MX record in the DNS for myvdomain.com is

myvdomain.com.  IN      MX      0       www.myvdomain.com.

The Virtual Domains are on a Faststart Server, and mail set to Virtual
Domain users bounces to root and back to the sender. I'm assuming this
is a DNS issue, but there may be an issue with Faststart.

Any advice is appreciated.

Kirk J. Farquhar
*Infinity Systems Inc.   Suite 207, Markham, Ont.  Canada  L3R 9T3
*
*(905)946-0060             SCO Sales and Support                   *

2. Web Name Hosting

3. Using Faststart with Virtual Domains and Mail

4. Can't compile RTL8139.c; PAGE_OFFSET_RAW error

5. Local users not recieving mail when domain name used

6. asa 1.0 uploaded to sunsite

7. Virtual domains on FastStart

8. Getting the broadcast address for IP interface

9. FastStart/Virtual Domains

10. virtual domains on faststart

11. FastStart, Sendmail & Virtual Domains...Help!

12. Help with forwarding mail on OSR5, Virtual Domains and private user list feature.

13. sendmail : cannot receive mail from some domains (mail server timeout)