Sendmail Headers

Post by Robert Tollefso » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I'm using Sendmail on SCO Enterprise 3.0
and when I send a message to someone, there
are two "From" lines in the header.

Does anyone know why that second one appears
and how I can get rid of it.  It doesn't seem
to affect the operation of anything, but it is
a bit of a nuisance.  Thanks in advance.

Bob Tollefson

1. smtpd/sendmail headers?

this may be lack of info on my part but...

i have smtpd running on my box to recieve mail from the local network, then sendmail picks it up and sends it. in the 1st header i get something like this:

from UNKNOWN(192.168.1.101), claiming to be "slut.beastproject.org" via SMTP by tramp, id smtpdO21009; Wed May 29 07:24:53 2002

my question is why does it say unknown? named is running on the local network and that host looks up both forward and back...

thanks!

2. Quick initialization mode on a StorEdge 3511?

3. Are sendmail headers always in English?

4. new mail notification

5. How to set from/return-path in Sendmail headers?

6. Two simple questions - hopefully

7. Sendmail header lines

8. Syntax trouble ?

9. Changing sendmail header info

10. Changing "From:" in sendmail header

11. sendmail header re-write

12. Freebsd/Sendmail header line too long error

13. Headers, Headers, whos got the Headers