Problem with SMTP on SCO 3.2r4.2

Post by Stephan Gariep » Thu, 13 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am configuring my box for the Internet, I have a Web site, Pop3, but now
I'm trying to set email, but doesn't seem to work..I think that is look
like it's UUCP that is configure on this system...

When I telnet on port 25, 220 decpc.ppca.org Server SMTP (Complaints/bugs
to:  postmaster)...

I can't send email to the Internet and I can'T receive email from the
Internet, but I can mail to local user...

Please help me...

Regards,

Stephan Gariepy

Post by Scott Free » Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I am configuring my box for the Internet, I have a Web site, Pop3, but now
> I'm trying to set email, but doesn't seem to work..I think that is look
> like it's UUCP that is configure on this system...

> When I telnet on port 25, 220 decpc.ppca.org Server SMTP (Complaints/bugs
> to:  postmaster)...

> I can't send email to the Internet and I can'T receive email from the
> Internet, but I can mail to local user...

> Please help me...

> Regards,

> Stephan Gariepy

There's a really good IT script (SSL Article) if you go to the
Support area at www.sco.com and search for MMDF, check out
the one called configuring MMDF in a TCP/IP environment, it has
all the info you should need to configure test and troubleshoot.

Scott

1. 3.2r4.0 & 3.2r4.2 Year 2000 SLS's ?

Hi all,
Can anybody tell me if:
there is a patch that will allow the correct entry of 21'st century
dates for both these versions of the OS at boot time, and if there is,
will UNIX then maintain the correct date/time regardless of the BIOS
date? or does the kernel read the BIOS date/time periodically?
I have a mix of old 486 systems whose BIOSs' are probably not going to
survive y2k and I probably can't swap them out in time so they might
have to stay put for while after 1999(unless it is impossible to use a
patch).
Thanks in advance,
Colin.

Please replace the **** with mhph in the Reply line when replying by E-Mail.
Colin Gresty.
x-no-archive:yes

2. Netscape Solaris 8 problem fix

3. tcp_wrapper binaries on SCO V3.2R4.2

4. SourceForge hacked!

5. ELM BINARIES FOR SCO 3.2r4.2

6. What may be causing this ? ext3, hard drive, motherboard ?

7. SCO Unix v3.2r4.2 TMDOUT/TIMEOUT replacement for sh or rsh

8. bourne question

9. SCO 3.2r4.2 - Error: idinstall:cannot execute

10. Printing to Win NT4.0 printer from SCO UNIX v3.2r4.2

11. MS Office on SCO UNIX 3.2R4.2 - Word probs

12. Perl for SCO Unix 3.2r4.2

13. SCO Merge 2 User w/ 3.2r4.2 multi-user license