Is it possible to register Interrupts in device-driver's in non-init entry point

Is it possible to register Interrupts in device-driver's in non-init entry point

Post by sco.. » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

     I am looking for the information related to the dynamic interrupt
registration in device driver's non-init context. The query is as given
below. It would be of great help, if any of you sco developers reply
this query.

The interrupt handlers in SCO OpenServer 5.0.x can be successfully
registered using idistributed or add_intr_handler(OfCourse
add_intr_handler is obsolete and not recommended to use) in device
driver's xxinit entry point.

Now, on issuing

1)idistributed() in non-init context(on MP System), though the call
succeeds, OS will not schedule the handler hooked to the IRQ.

2) idistributed() in non-init context on Non-MP system, it returns with
an error saying Interrutpts are enabled.

3) Whereas if we try to do the same with add_intr_handler, the call
doesn't succeed and returns with an error message( Interrupts are
enabled ). The man page clearly says that, add_intr_handler should only
be issued in driver's init entry point.

This is the limitation imposed by OS. Can any body help me out in
solving this problem.

Regards,
VINAY C V.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/