Virtual Private Networks

Post by Richard Seede » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Is anyone using dial-up internet access to create a virtual private
network using SCO Openserver at the server end (other than telnet)?  If
so, please tell me what software/hardware you are using.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Seeder

Virtual Private Networks

Post by Mick Hasting » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Is anyone using dial-up internet access to create a virtual private
> network using SCO Openserver at the server end (other than telnet)?  If
> so, please tell me what software/hardware you are using.

> Thanks in advance.

> Richard Seeder

I have a few clients doing this using WATCHGUARD FIREBOX's, they seem to be
very secure and easy to configure.

mick.

1. virtual private network between two ip_masq'ing firewalls

I'm a subscriber to the cable modem service in Fremont, CA and I've got my
Linux set up to do IP masquerading so all my computers can be on the net.
A friend of mine (also in Fremont) is going to subscribe and set up his
Linux box the same way.  Is there a way (using ssh or CIPE or whatever) to
set up a virtual private network that links our internal nets together via
encrypted traffic over the external net?  We could use 2 different subnets
and route between if necessary, but it'd be much more fun 8) to act like it
was just one big happy contiguous network.  Ideally we'd like NFS, RPC,
Oracle SQL*Net, etc to all work as if there was no internet or firewalls
between us.  Any ideas?

Robert

2. Help !!! Python program with import _pg !!@!!

3. VPN Virtual Private Network

4. driver

5. Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Public Domain Software

6. comp.sys.mac.misc comp.sys.mac.system comp.sys.mac.apps

7. Question on VPN (Virtual Private Networking)i

8. emulating tar

9. Virtual Private Network in Linux

10. Virtual private network help.

11. Virtual Private Network (VPN) with Linux and security

12. virtual private network/IP tunnelling

13. How to setup Virtual Private Networking (VPN) in Linux?