Graphic WEB Browser for SCO UNIX

Post by Kevin W. Re » Wed, 07 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Is there any graphical WEB broswers for SCO Unix that don't require
using X-Windows?

We have lynx which is ok for getting text, but it would be nice if
I had a Graphical WEB browser that worked while I was at the Unix
Console sometimes...

Platform is: SCO Unix 3.2v4.2

Kevin W. Reed (KWR10)    O_         TELESYS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS - TNET.COM

http://www.tnet.com     (*)\_  2359 W. DePalma, Mesa AZ 85202 602-668-9829

Graphic WEB Browser for SCO UNIX

Post by Tony Earnsh » Sun, 11 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there any graphical WEB broswers for SCO Unix that don't require
>using X-Windows?

>We have lynx which is ok for getting text, but it would be nice if
>I had a Graphical WEB browser that worked while I was at the Unix
>Console sometimes...

>Platform is: SCO Unix 3.2v4.2

Since all the graphical stuff on X-Open Unix systems (of which SCO is
a one of a number of members and which includes just all about the
biggest names in the Unix field) runs under X11, call it Motif or what
you will, all the available browsers run under that system. X11
provides the whole infrastructure for the programming side of the
graphics; anyone producing graphics applications for the basic SCO
operating system without X11 would have to design and implement a
non-standard graphics programming interface - it would simply cost too
much, nobody would buy it (since X11 is an integral part of all of the
latest Unix releases) and it would probably be buggy as all that.
Considered upgrading your Unix release? At least the web browsers are
free ;-)

Greetings, Tony Earnshaw, Nieuwveen Holland

1. Any browsers for SCO Unix with delayed graphics?

FWIW: The Wollongong Group's emmissary product happens to run under
the current version of SCO WABI.  It includes many many nice features
which people will enjoy including a nice news reader which, unlike xrn,
doe not insist on downloading ALL groups from your news server every
time you use it.

2. Capture changes

3. What graphics and web tools should I find for unix webbing?

4. Internet enabled small device

5. SEARCH: Math-Lib for C on DEC-Ultrix

6. Web Browser for Sco

7. rpc.mountd on aix 4.3.3

8. WEB Browser for SCO 5.0.2

9. web browser for sco

10. LINKS-Browser as Frontend for Automation, was: Embedded Linux Web Browsers

11. any prob with Web browser reading Unix symbolic link

12. Unix web browsers