NFS, OSR 5.0.2, Win95

Post by Mark Whyt » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I was hoping someone could help me with this situation. I'm using J.
Rivers' ICE.NFS on my PC with Windows 95. I'm attempting to map a drive
to a directory on my OpenServer 5.0.2 server, which has NFS running. I'm
able to mount the directory, but I'm unable to delete any files in the
directory. I'm connecting as root, which I understand has very little in
the way of authority and privileges when using NFS. Then I tried
creating another account with all the abilities of root, but I'm afraid
I'm failing rather miserably. I'm just plain confused at this point. I
have to be able to create and then delete files in this directory, using
NFS, and I need to be able to do it regardless of the owner. Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

1. Win95 OSR 2.1 CD $35 W/Fat32, Fat converter, Full install

Win '95 OSR-2.1 on CD with Fat32 Boot Floppy, FAT to FAT32
converter; $35 + 4.50 for Postage/COD, or offer.

Full install version. USB Support.  This CD also contains
the Microsoft FAT to Fat32 converter.

Are you tired of losing up to 40% of your disk capacity
to the huge cluster size of FAT16, P-n-Pray that does
not work, poor pcmcia support, misidentified motherboard
resources, CPUs, ect?

Well, moving to the OSR 2.1 version of Windows '95 is the
answer.

Win '95 OSR2 also contains important patches, an expanded
(and debuged) drver library, PnP that works, GUI improvements
and bug fixes.

Yes - Some, not all, of these are available for as downloads.
Yet - The most important parts: *FAT 32*, the Kernel and  GUI
enhancements, PnP improvements and proper CPU identifier codes
are NOT available for download and currently can only be
obtained with the purchase of a new computer or "memphis"
(Win'97), whenever that will be available.

The CD is the full install version. Included is a OEM cd-key,
an OSR2 boot floppy for creating a new FAT32 partition, MS CVT.EXE
for converting a FAT partition to FAT 32 detailed installation
instructions.  In addition to these instructions, there is full
documentation on the CD.   There is no "paper manual."  Except
detailed installation information.  Your current Win '95 manuals
will still apply, with a few *highly documented* exceptions.

The primary reason for migrating to OSR2 is, of course, FAT32,
which increases the storage capacity of your drive simply
by keeping the cluster size at 4K, despite the size of your
hard drive.  It also recognizes partitions larger than 2.1g,
the current Win '95 limit.

I was hoping to get $ 35 for the CD, Boot Disk and instructions,
+ 4.95 for USPS COD.  I am, however, open to reasonable offers.
I will pay shipping on pre-paid orders.
E-mail for more information.
Jason

2. Leafnode and Passwords

3. PPP from Win95 to SCO OSR 5

4. Boot problem

5. Help - Win95 OSR 2 and FAT32

6. V15K

7. Win95 OSR 2.1 CD $35 W/Fat32, Fat converter, Full install

8. Wacom graphics tablets