HP Jet direct cards

Post by Nathan Boege » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am a newbe with SCO and I need to be able to print to my HP printer
that is on a HP JetDirect Mio card (10 base T)
has anyone does this ?
if so how?
please show me what the /etc/printcap would look like ?

Thank you

Nathan

HP Jet direct cards

Post by Mike Dea » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Try man hpnpcfg

Mike Dean

> I am a newbe with SCO and I need to be able to print to my HP printer
> that is on a HP JetDirect Mio card (10 base T)
> has anyone does this ?
> if so how?
> please show me what the /etc/printcap would look like ?

> Thank you

> Nathan

HP Jet direct cards

Post by Ken O'Nei » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

You can run HP Print Services Manager from the Printers section of
scoadmin and follow the menu - no need to mess with /etc/printcap.

> I am a newbe with SCO and I need to be able to print to my HP printer
> that is on a HP JetDirect Mio card (10 base T)
> has anyone does this ?
> if so how?
> please show me what the /etc/printcap would look like ?

> Thank you

> Nathan

HP Jet direct cards

Post by Grant Walter » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>I am a newbe with SCO and I need to be able to print to my HP printer
>that is on a HP JetDirect Mio card (10 base T)
>has anyone does this ?
>if so how?
>please show me what the /etc/printcap would look like ?

Simplest way is know is to create a printer (testprinter) using the crnlmap
model and the /dev/null device.
Edit /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces/testprinter and go to the bottom of
the file.
At the final brace
Quote:}

make it look like this

Quote:} | /usr/lib/hpnpf/hpnp -x resolved_printer_name
OR
} | /usr/lib/hpnpf/hpnp -x ip_address_of_printer

If you use a real printer name it must be able to be resolved to an ip
address from either DNS or the hosts file.

--
Regards
GRANT WALTERS

"NT makes the easy stuff easy, and the rest impossible.
Unix makes everything possible, but nothing too easy."

1. printing to HP IIIsi with HP jet direct card, Linux driver?

Hello,

We have an HP IIIsi printer which has a HP Jet Direct card that allows us not
to connect the printer to any machine... instead, it's sitting on the network
with its own IP address, and using the right driver, one can send files
directly to that printer. This works for IBM Risc stations since we have the
right software (by Jet Direct, i believe) to do it...

I was wondering if I could setup my Linux system the same way... in other
words, does anybody know if Jet Direct has a Linux port of their software? Or
does anybody have suggestions/experience on this?

I will greatly appreciate any hints. Thanks
--

Virginia Tech
                tel: (540) 231 4285,  fax: (540) 231 8836

2. Promise udma66 Controller

3. HP Jet Direct Card

4. HELP! /dev/u busy

5. DEC Ultrix and HP Jet Direct Cards

6. tftp not working on FreeBSD 5.0-STABLE

7. HP Jet Direct cards and SCO 3.2.4.2

8. more nfs problems

9. AT&T system V rel 4 and HP Jet Direct cards

10. Printing to HP-5 with Jet Direct Card.

11. Subj: HP Direct-jet Card and remote printing on SCO 3.4.v5

12. Adding HP LJ with Jet Direct Server card???

13. SCO lpd with HP Direct Jet Internal Card for Laserjet 4