What is the active screen?

Post by David Lee Makows » Fri, 26 May 1995 04:00:00

        In a "c" language function, how can I tell which screen on the
console is currently the active screen (I do NOT want to know the
screen from which the application was started.)?

        I only want to write to the screen the application is running
on when it is the active screen.

        I am using SCO 3.2v4.2.

        Thanx in advance.
--
        There are three types of people in the world.  Those that are good at
math and those that are not.

What is the active screen?

Post by Chip Rosenth » Sun, 28 May 1995 04:00:00

[why is this cross-posted to both comp.unix.sco.misc + .programmer?]

Quote:>    In a "c" language function, how can I tell which screen on the
>console is currently the active screen (I do NOT want to know the
>screen from which the application was started.)?

See prtscrn2 in the comp.sources.misc archive for an example of
how to do this.  In a nutshell, open the adapter you want to
know about and do a CONS_GETINFO.
--
Chip Rosenthal                They said I was just a dumb cowpoke.
Unicom Systems Development    I didn't want to make a fuss.  - Robert Earl Keen