Limiting FTP file access

Post by - bill » Mon, 21 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have FTP setup for real users only.
I want to limit the files they can access to their home directory.
I read ftpaccess and don't see how (but, on the other hand, I only
understand part of the man page)

Actually, if possible, I would like to restrict each user to a defined
directory and it's subdirectories (for web page creation/updating)

Can this be done ? how ?
--

-bill-

1. how to make external host access internal Ftp files on FTP server?

hello,
        I have 3 pcs one HostA is connected to HostB which is linux
Router. HostB is connected to HostC which is windows machine. when i
type in internet explorer ftp://hostB i want to get ftp files on HostA
but currently getting files from HostB. How to disable HostB to display
its files and make HostA's files to be shown to HostC?
       HostA is 192.168.1.2
        HostB is 192.168.1.1
                  10.0.0.1
         HostC is 10.0.0.2
i am able to ping from HostA to HostC and viceversa now how to ftp?

2. Slackware NFS install w/ 3C503

3. FILE LIMITS AIX 4.3 limits file, original config etc

4. "Norton" for Unix?

5. limit ftp access to a certain dir

6. troff to PostScript Converter

7. limiting FTP access

8. ** DNS again **

9. limiting the ftp and telnet access.

10. how do you limit ftp users from accessing parent dir???

11. Limiting ftp access times

12. How to limit filesystem access to ftp users?

13. limiting telnet and ftp access