How to establish routing ?

Post by elang » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have installed SCO Open Server 5.0.4 on my desktop.
I am using Etherlink III 3c509B combo network card.
I have no problem pinging locally. But I could not ping outside.
I can even use telnet and ftp locally.
I do not find any problem with my NIC card.

I do not know what I am missing.
Could someone help me to overcome this ?? Please

Thanks,
Elango

How to establish routing ?

Post by Kim G. Nielse » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi Elango,

You just need to add a default route using (Check
http://www2.sco.com:1996/cgi-bin/man/man?route+ADMN):
route add default <gateway ip>

For making the route permanent you need to add the following line to
/etc/gateways (Check
http://www2.sco.com:1996/cgi-bin/man/man?routed+ADMN):
net 0.0.0.0 gateway <gateway ip> metric 1 passive

=:-)
Kim G. Nielsen

> Hi Everyone,

> I have installed SCO Open Server 5.0.4 on my desktop.
> I am using Etherlink III 3c509B combo network card.
> I have no problem pinging locally. But I could not ping outside.
> I can even use telnet and ftp locally.
> I do not find any problem with my NIC card.

> I do not know what I am missing.
> Could someone help me to overcome this ?? Please

> Thanks,
> Elango

1. Problem with failing to establish route table if ISP uses PAP or CHAP

Hello,

The problem I have is that I cannot establish a route table on my
Linux2.0.33 if ISP uses PAP or CHAP, even though I can dial into the
ISP and be allocated a specific IP address dynamically.

However, if a ISP doesn't use PAP or CHAP, the route table is easily
setup as soon as the connection is up.

BTW, I am using ppp-2.2.0f. Is there a tricky to fix that? Could
someone there who having such experience and has gone through give me
a direction on that. I really appreciate.

If possible, pls email me at

directly.

Thanks.

Have a nice evening!

--- yan

--
                      __________ Yan Huang ____________
    .--.  __  .------ Software Engineer, Codonics, Inc.

//      //..\\        WWW Page: http://www.codonics.com
       ^^^  ^^^       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. NEC Superscript 860

3. IPSEC SA established - but no routing

4. Interrupting only one command from a sequence

5. startup problem establishing direct SLIP connection, route drops

6. Users not showing up in finger

7. Establishing a Route

8. HELP! FREE SCO Openserver installation problem

9. IPSEC SA established - but no routing

10. route problem: route forgot to specify route netmask.

11. Routing problem with source-based routing and routing packets back to sender machine.

12. building routing tables or listening to OSPF route information?

13. defunct routes (was Re: multiple default routes appear in solaris 2.5.1)