Socket problems with SCO Open server 5 TCP/IP

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> My questions are:
> - has there been any special changes in the tcp/ip socket environment, when
>   changing from SCO 3.2.4  (TCP/IP 1.2) -> Open Server 5.0
> - are there any  known tcp/ip sockets bugs in 5.0 or fixes to them

You have not told us if you removed Release Supplement 5.0.0c (the
one-disktter R/S) and installed R/S 5.0.0d ( on three floppies).

There are tcp/ip fixes in there.

--

Socket problems with SCO Open server 5 TCP/IP

Post by b.. » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

In our first SCO Open Server 5 installation we have got some problems
with our tcp/ip socket based application. The application is a client/server
application ( client = WinXX with WinSock, server SCO with  tcp/ip sockets).
In the new SCO environment established socket connections might drop off and
the client can't start new connections to the server. After a while the connection
might work again. netstat shows an established connection even if there is none.

My questions are:
- has there been any special changes in the tcp/ip socket environment, when
  changing from SCO 3.2.4  (TCP/IP 1.2) -> Open Server 5.0
- are there any  known tcp/ip sockets bugs in 5.0 or fixes to them
- has the user license restriction (5-user) an effect on the socket connections
- I noticed that its not possible anymore to change the Streams Block resources
  NBLKxxxx in the kernel. Are they defined in some other way now?

Bengt Bredenberg
Oy Esmi Ab
p. 358 0 4527217