LAN adapter configuration problems

Post by Markus Latze » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello!

I recently had severe problems installing and configuring my network
adapter card on a PCI-PC with SCO Open Server Host System 5.0.2.

After installing the vendor supplied drivers and starting netconfig,
I get an error message with something like
        "None of the available protocols are supported by this adapter"
(in german).
The configuration process is terminated at this point. I tried several
adapter using different settings and drivers, but the message persists.
Do I have to install more than the SCO connectivity pack to provide the
TCP/IP protocol?

What do I have to do to use the PC-Interface via my LAN?

Markus Latzel

LAN adapter configuration problems

Post by Mark L. Wis » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hello!

>I recently had severe problems installing and configuring my network
>adapter card on a PCI-PC with SCO Open Server Host System 5.0.2.

You would have problems if indeed you installed the "Host" system.  The
host system does not support networking.  You would need to "upgrade" to
the "Enterprise" system to get networking!!

Mark

Quote:>After installing the vendor supplied drivers and starting netconfig,
>I get an error message with something like
>    "None of the available protocols are supported by this adapter"
>(in german).
>The configuration process is terminated at this point. I tried several
>adapter using different settings and drivers, but the message persists.
>Do I have to install more than the SCO connectivity pack to provide the
>TCP/IP protocol?

>What do I have to do to use the PC-Interface via my LAN?

>Markus Latzel

Mark L. Wise, CPIM               | Voice: (614)868-5033
President                        | Fax:   (614)868-1060

1312 Epworth Avenue              | WEB:   www.alpha2.com
Reynoldsburg, OH  43068-2116     | * Manufacturing/Distribution/Accounting SW
                                 | * WEB and E-mail Hosting Services
                                 | * Critical Server Hardware Maintenance

LAN adapter configuration problems

Post by Robin Cordova/Open Systems Consulting and Training I » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: Hello!
:
: I recently had severe problems installing and configuring my network
: adapter card on a PCI-PC with SCO Open Server Host System 5.0.2.

I'm not sure about the other protocols you mention, but the Host system
does not have TCP/IP as part of the operating system.  You will need SCO
Open Server Enterprise or SCO Open Server Desktop.

Open Systems Consulting & Training, Inc.
6851 So. Holly Circle
Suite 170                                               (303)694-9304 voice
Englewood, CO 80112                                     (303)694-1318 fax

1. IBM 60G0611 LAN adapter configuration

I recently picked up a pair of IBM 60G0611 LAN adapter cards - these are the
FRU part number for the original 60G0605 units.

I've got a box with both of them configured using the DOS based IBM
CONFIG.EXE utility.  One is at 0x300 with IRQ 10, the other at 0x320 with
IRQ 11.  Both pass all diagnostics.

This machine has no CD and I'm trying to load RedHat 6.2 on it via NFS image
as I have done on numerous other machines which had 3C509B adapters.

The problem is that this adapter model is not under the menu of network
adapters presented during install nor can I find an equivalent for it
anywhere.

Has anybody successfully configured these type of cards with RedHat 6.2?  I
tried NE2000 as a compatible adapter as that seems to work quite often, but
without luck.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

Regards,

Curtis

email: curtis.rempel at home dot com

heh heh

2. Promis mode

3. Pocket LAN adapter problems: everything is running, but still no network...

4. Bunch of pretentious Wankers

5. AT-LAN-TEC pocket Ethernet adapter problems

6. awk/csh parsing error?

7. Problem with AT-Lan-Tec/RealTek Pocket Ethernet Adapter

8. idraw...

9. eepro 100+ lan adapter problem

10. RTL8019 LAN adapter problem.

11. LAN configuration problem

12. PCMCIA serial adapter configuration problem

13. IP-Forwarding PPP-LAN but not LAN-LAN