Help? Time synchronization over Internet?

Help? Time synchronization over Internet?

Post by harr » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Dear  colleagues!

Can anybody to consult me? Which software for SCO Unix Server (v3.2)

may ensure time synchronization over Internet with public Time Servers.

Thanks .

Tcheldiev Igor.(X.400 mail support)

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:harry writes:
> Dear  colleagues!

> Can anybody to consult me? Which software for SCO Unix Server (v3.2)

> may ensure time synchronization over Internet with public Time Servers.

You already have /etc/ntpdate.

My Internet Provider is new-york.net and offers a timeserver, so every
morning at 02:30, cron on my 3.2v4.2 machine runs
         /etc/ntpdate -os ntp.new-york.net

On my OSR 5.0.0 machine, I found that I did not need the -o flag.

Choose a timeserver near to you (to avoid too much propagation delay).
--

1. time synchronization ('timed')

I just got my first Linux (Red Hat Intel 4.0 running on a P100)
(extremely cool).  I am connected to the net via an Ethernet card,
and I am trying to set my clock as a slave from another machine on the
net.   I found the 'timed' command, and I also saw a lot of info
related to xntp.   As I don't need super-accuracy, I thought
that using timed would be less painful (enough to keep the clock
in 'shape').   So I tried

But it didn't do any good. It gives me back:

I don't have much of a clue for what I should do to get timed
to do what I want....

 Also, I understand that I should put it somewhere to restart at every
'reboot'. Would that be 'rc.local' ????

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carlos

2. usable screen region positioned differently each time X is started

3. Time synchronisation using timed

4. partition recovery

5. Time synchronization between AIX machines using 'timed'.

6. Any voicemail programs

7. Help! problem about time synchronization between 8 computers?

8. help needed with tmc-871 scsi board

9. Help -Time Synchronization

10. Help in time synchronization!!!!!

11. Sun internet mail server NIS+ synchronisation

12. Time Server Setup - Ti me synchronisation

13. Time synchronization