Sysadmsh Adding User Problem!

Post by Jeromie Gola » Tue, 21 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I am using SCO 3.2v4.2.  When trying to add new users in the sysadmsh,
after selecting modify default and adding all the account information, I
should normally be asked if I want to review the changes, accept, or
cancel (something like that).  Well now when I say accept to add the new
user, I get the following error message:

An error occured when creating use: jessicaj

Cannot update subsystem authorization file(s)

Please choose one of : Correct   Retry   Abort

When I choose to retry then all works fine, but I am concerned with the
error message.  It has started appearing recently (last month or so).

Any ideas???

Jeromie Golab

Post by David M. Mandel » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>Hi ladies and gentlemen,
>I am using SCO 3.2v4.2.  When trying to add new users in the sysadmsh,
>after selecting modify default and adding all the account information, I
>should normally be asked if I want to review the changes, accept, or
>cancel (something like that).  Well now when I say accept to add the new
>user, I get the following error message:
>An error occured when creating use: jessicaj
>Cannot update subsystem authorization file(s)
>Please choose one of : Correct   Retry   Abort
>When I choose to retry then all works fine, but I am concerned with the
>error message.  It has started appearing recently (last month or so).
>Any ideas???
>Jeromie Golab

first, run integrity to check the system auth files. If there are any
problems displayed, then run fixmog to fix them.

use "man integrity" and "man fixmog" for help with these commmands

Sysadmsh Adding User Problem!

Post by David M. Mandel » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>Hi ladies and gentlemen,
>I am using SCO 3.2v4.2.  When trying to add new users in the sysadmsh,
>after selecting modify default and adding all the account information, I
>should normally be asked if I want to review the changes, accept, or
>cancel (something like that).  Well now when I say accept to add the new
>user, I get the following error message:
>An error occured when creating use: jessicaj
>Cannot update subsystem authorization file(s)
>Please choose one of : Correct   Retry   Abort
>When I choose to retry then all works fine, but I am concerned with the
>error message.  It has started appearing recently (last month or so).
>Any ideas???
>Jeromie Golab

first, run integrity to check the system auth files. If there are any
problems displayed, then run fixmog to fix them.

use "man integrity" and "man fixmog" for help with these commmands

1. Add a user without sysadmsh

I want to add a new user on several machines (about 20) which run SCO Unix
3.2v4.2. Since I don't want to call sysadmsh 20 times just to enter the
same things each time, I would like to do this with a shell script.
I know that on OpenServer 5.0 there is a 'useradd' command which does the
job I need. But I didn't find anything equivalent on the 3.2 machines.

Is there such a command or do I have to use sysadmsh?

Thanks for any hint

--
Alexandre Meissonnier
Dohle Handelsgruppe Systemberatung GmbH

2. Help!! Progress 8.3 slow running on SCO openserver

3. How do I use Sysadmsh utility to add accounts in Solaris and Iris system

4. IP Multipathing - anything to do on the switch ?

5. Add user that can add users?

6. Cannot remote login to new RH6.0 box

7. Problem with sysadmsh under SCO Sys V R3.2v4.2

8. Laptop problems

9. A problem with sysadmsh on an OSR5 system

10. problems with sysadmsh

11. Q: Howto: 1) Add/Del user, 2) Alias user address?

12. Re. Problems adding tape drives to RS6000/220 Re: Problems adding tape drives to RS6000/220