Problems with PPP and Infovia

Post by la.. » Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi all, thanks for all help that you can give me. My problem is that
one time made the PPP connection, i tried to connect but i can't
veryfi the password or something like that.
I always get in the syslog, gethostbyname fail, and gethostent fail
too.

Anybody knows what must i do to connect to  my ISP knowing that i
connect through INFOVIA.

Thanks.

Post by Javier Castill » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all, thanks for all help that you can give me. My problem is that
> one time made the PPP connection, i tried to connect but i can't
> veryfi the password or something like that.
> I always get in the syslog, gethostbyname fail, and gethostent fail
> too.

> Anybody knows what must i do to connect to  my ISP knowing that i
> connect through INFOVIA.

> Thanks.

  Thanks for your help.
My problem is solved.
Thanks to much

1. Connect to Infovia with ppp

        I'm a user of Infovia, a net that is running in Spain, whose main
benefit is to let one connect with service providers like, for example,
Internet access providers paying only local call fees.

        The software available runs under Windows, but I think it would
be much better to connect from Linux. I've been trying to make a script
with 'ppd' and 'chat', in order to do that, but I haven't succeded.

        Has anyone of you any good idea? If it can help, I've tried
things like the following:

        pppd \
                connect 'chat TIMEOUT 60 "" "+++ATDT055" CONNECT' \
                noipdefault \
                defaultroute \
                crtscts \
                modem \
                +ua myid.pap \
                /dev/modem 9600

        I see the modem rings and seems to make a phisical connection,
but the 'chat' proccess continues runing. I've tried the 'chat' command
(with redirected input and output to /dev/modem) from the command promt,
and it does not exit. It seems the modem doesn't return CONNECT, or chat
can't read the input from the modem. Perhaps there's something I'm doing bad?

        As a note, this network uses ppp, pap authorizations, and does
not have login prompt (ppp runs automatically on the other side)

        Any help you can give, in the form of string, advice, etc...,
would do me good.

        Thanks in advance.

Xesus M. Lopez

2. making resolv.conf work with two name servers

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. QIC-02 Tape Controllers

5. Looking for SCO Spanish Administrators / Infovia

6. ls command??

7. Howto INFOVIA

8. Solaris 7 New Install

9. INFOVIA SPANISH NETWORK

10. Conexion Linux Infovia

11. SCO & Infovia

12. Como conectarme a INFOVIA

13. SPAIN: ISDN configuration information for "InfoVia" needed