Internet Faststart Virtual Domains & DNS

Internet Faststart Virtual Domains & DNS

Post by Kirk J. Farquha » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone managed to get the Email for Virtual Domains working under
Faststart 5.02. The Setup of the Virtual domains works well, the Web and
FTP sites are available, but if I add mail users to the Virtual domain
and try to send them mail I get a "553 Mail loops back to myself error"

The MX record in the DNS for myvdomain.com is

myvdomain.com.  IN      MX      0       www.myvdomain.com.

The Virtual Domains are on a Faststart Server, and mail set to Virtual
Domain users bounces to root and back to the sender. I'm assuming this
is a DNS issue, but there may be an issue with Faststart.

Any advice is appreciated.

Kirk J. Farquhar
*Infinity Systems Inc.   Suite 207, Markham, Ont.  Canada  L3R 9T3
*
*(905)946-0060             SCO Sales and Support                   *

Post by Paul Anderso » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Has anyone managed to get the Email for Virtual Domains working under
> Faststart 5.02. The Setup of the Virtual domains works well, the Web and
> FTP sites are available, but if I add mail users to the Virtual domain
> and try to send them mail I get a "553 Mail loops back to myself error"

> The MX record in the DNS for myvdomain.com is

> myvdomain.com.  IN      MX      0       www.myvdomain.com.

> The Virtual Domains are on a Faststart Server, and mail set to Virtual
> Domain users bounces to root and back to the sender. I'm assuming this
> is a DNS issue, but there may be an issue with Faststart.

> Any advice is appreciated.

> Kirk J. Farquhar

Have you made entries in your corresponding sendmail.cf files and have
you setup the aliases so that mail going to your virtual host will be
forwarded to you?

Paul Anderson

Internet Faststart Virtual Domains & DNS

Post by Jarek Ozime » Sat, 01 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Check, if you have localhost IN MX 127.0.0.1 in your VD DNS xxx.hosts.

It makes, as it's written, sendmail happy :)

If it does not work, let me know.

Jarek

Quote:> Has anyone managed to get the Email for Virtual Domains working under
> Faststart 5.02. The Setup of the Virtual domains works well, the Web and
> FTP sites are available, but if I add mail users to the Virtual domain
> and try to send them mail I get a "553 Mail loops back to myself error"

> The MX record in the DNS for myvdomain.com is

> myvdomain.com.     IN      MX      0       www.myvdomain.com.

> The Virtual Domains are on a Faststart Server, and mail set to Virtual
> Domain users bounces to root and back to the sender. I'm assuming this
> is a DNS issue, but there may be an issue with Faststart.

1. Internet Faststart/mstppp/DNS & Registered Domain

Looking for some pointers, chasps :)

SCO OSR 5.0.4

I have inherited and maintained a (non DNS) network system using a
5.0.2 server with Win95 PCs as clients, on a network 192.a.b, and I
have subsequently installed a 5.0.4 server which I connected to the
192.a.b network okay.

The company has a registered domain and 64 assigned IP numbers.  I
have to get  the 5.0.4 server up as both a web and mail server with
(eventually) access for all PCs.

I'm new to DNS but have bought all the 'Cricket' and 'Bat' books, I've
monitored this group and several others for some months, as well as
scouring the SCO web site and others.  So jpr, should you be reading
this, I've RTFM and then some :->

I've managed to get mstppp functioning in that I can dial and connect
and get full web access via the Netscape browser.  The static IP
numbers for this were 139.130.81.1 (remote) and 139.130.81.18 (local).

Our name server (which doesn't exist yet quite) is set up to be
203.38.xx.yy (changed to protect the incompetent).

My question is :  To get the server functioning as a name server etc,
do I reassign its IP address to be 203.38.xx.yy (and then set up the
the necessary DNS files - I'll fight my way through that), and also
renumber the existing 192.a.b hosts ? Or can I use aliasing (at least
for a start) ?  Or I have I already lost the plot ?

Thanks for any advice.  I just haven't come across anything that seems
to address this particular point.

Rick

2. Mass storage devices

3. local users not receiving mail with internet faststart, virtual domains

4. Sound only 1/2 works

5. FastStart, Sendmail & Virtual Domains...Help!

6. Caldera works, Red Hat crashes...?

7. Apache 1.2.1 & virtual domains & real domain

8. TGA to GIF HOW ??????

9. Using Faststart with Virtual Domains and Mail

10. Virtual domains on FastStart

11. FastStart/Virtual Domains

12. virtual domains on faststart

13. Help: virtual domain & DNS