file transfer over parallel port?

Post by Zeyd M. Ben-Hal » Thu, 27 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Is there a package that will allow file transfer between machines (SCO <->
SCO and AIX <-> SCO) over a parallel port? We have a few laptops running
SCO which needs regular updates of about 50MB and would rather not spend
hours making and swapping floppies. Are there any other alternatives?

Zeyd
--
---

NCURSES is available from ftp.netcom.com:pub/zm/zmbenhal/ncurses
Current version is 1.9.3

file transfer over parallel port?

Post by Jimmy D. Port » Sat, 29 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a package that will allow file transfer between machines (SCO <->
>SCO and AIX <-> SCO) over a parallel port? We have a few laptops running
>SCO which needs regular updates of about 50MB and would rather not spend
>hours making and swapping floppies. Are there any other alternatives?

Why not consider one of the snap in SCSI cards for your notebooks
and an external tape drive.

Jimmy Porter
Macon, GA