gnu pascal

Post by John Selp » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

By chance has anyone got gnu pascal (2.0) to compile on 5.0.4?  It said it
required gcc 2.7.2.1 which I got but it doesn't compile either.  Keeps
looking for rcc or something that isn't part of SCO's developement system.
I'd like to have gnu pascal to play with.

gnu pascal

Post by Tony Earnsha » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> By chance has anyone got gnu pascal (2.0) to compile on 5.0.4?  It said it
> required gcc 2.7.2.1 which I got but it doesn't compile either.  Keeps
> looking for rcc or something that isn't part of SCO's developement system.
> I'd like to have gnu pascal to play with.

rcc is an AT&T C compiler included in the SCO SDK. Problem is, that if
your source requires this, it might also require ld and tsort and other
SCO utilities - and the SCO SDK isn't cheap. Otoh, you just might be
able to get away with a command-line fix, if your source includes a
'configure'. For example, PHP source lokks for a c++ compiler and if it
can't find it, the configure barfs. But, if you give it "CXX=gcc -O3
-etc ./configure" it's quite happy, goes ahead and the Makefiles,
binaries and libraries get built.

Search for this possibility in the 1001 gcc ref docs!

Incidentally, try and change your gcc 2.7.2 to 2.8.1. It's _much_ better
(I never got 2.7.2 to work properly!).

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw
Systems Manager

**** What's next for the axe after tobacco? ****
**** (Hint: It often crashes) ****

1. Here is location of GNU pascal

        I got alot of people asking me where...?
Ok.

You can find it at kampi.hut.fi  in  jtv/gnu-pascal

It's a funny compiler and is in ultra-alpha testing.. :)
I just don't that the space to compile it, so I pass it to
anyone who will.  I may have to suffice with the p2c translating
program...

Dan "poor boy" Miner

--
 Dan Miner

Computer Science
University of Missouri-Rolla             "It all begins with a glimmer."

2. 2.2.1 compile

3. GNU Pascal

4. fdformat (or superformat) no longer work

5. gnu pascal and redhat

6. slip & network address

7. what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

8. linux and compiler of language C

9. Help with documentation to GNU Pascal gpc-2.6.3

10. GNU Pascal Compiler

11. GNU pascal question

12. Linux, Gnu Pascal, and CGI's.

13. gnu pascal and redhat 5.0