man subject to file

Post by Brent T. Boli » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I used to be able to redirect man output to a file with sco4.2 -

man -c find > foo

This dosn't work on my OSR5 system.  Has the syntax changed, or
something else?.

Cheers.
--

Brent T. Bolin

man subject to file

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Brent T. Bolin's CPU sent forth this bytestream:
| I used to be able to redirect man output to a file with sco4.2 -
|
| man -c find > foo
|
| This dosn't work on my OSR5 system.  Has the syntax changed, or
| something else?.

I never could think of a decent reason to that under 3.2v4.2, but anyhow, I
just tried it on OSR 5, and it works perfectly well.

What happens when you try that?

--

man subject to file

Post by Bela Lubki » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> I used to be able to redirect man output to a file with sco4.2 -

> man -c find > foo

> This dosn't work on my OSR5 system.  Has the syntax changed, or
> something else?.

Try:

  man find | col -b > foo

(I like to use `col -bx` since I have an intense dislike for TABs.)

Quote:>Bela<

1. man a man page file at unspecified directory

I installed a gcc version on my Linux box, while keeping the default
gcc in /usr/bin.

Say the gcc I built is in $HOME/mygcc/bin, and the associated man page
is in $HOME/mygcc/man/man1/gcc.1, how can I read it with proper format?
less/cat/vi does not work because the special characters are not
displayed properly.

Thanks,
Sean

2. Anyway to speed up XSuSE Riva128 server?

3. man can't format new man pages - can't find DESC file

4. HP Laserjet II under HP-UX - accounting info required

5. Man Man more man?

6. Mustek under Linux

7. man oh man oh man!

8. Connection to Port 113

9. How to format BSD man pages (groff man) using "classical" troff man?

10. tk man, perl man, and man servers

11. How to do "man # subject" for pages only in cat? ??

12. Convert man file *.1 --> text file

13. Man! my man doesn't work.