two domains on one machine

Post by Bruce Richard » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

We recently registered a second domain name and now want to use it
for out going mail masquerading and still be able to receive mail
using either domain.  We are using sendmail 8.x.x

Do I need to change the domain names of our network or can I just
modify the sendmail.cf to include the new domain name?

Or do I have to set up a virtual domain with the new name?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Bruce Richards
Sirius Software Inc
http://www.siriusacct.com

1. Howto configure two domain names on one machine ?

I need to (temporarily) receive mail (via UUCP) for two different
domains.

So far my reading of the docs and config files suggests howto deal with
out going mail but not incoming.

I am using sendmail.

Any help would be appreciated, and if possible please (also) e-mail since
this usenet feed seems slow lately (and I currently have a message
bouncing back and forth between my (uucp) provider and my machine :-(

TIA.
--
     Joan Aiken    |              ----- J T 1 M D -----
  Toronto, Canada  |              Just Try One More Day    ;-)

2. Multi-Homed -- How do I setup DNS

3. DNS question: two domains (xxx.org & yyy.net) one machine ... how?

4. linux gcc IsBadReadPtr equivalent

5. Two www domains, one machine

6. Apache 1.2bx and WinPlay3

7. Howto configure two domain names on one machine ?

8. user nobody

9. Tough one: two accts & domains, one box

10. two ip addresses / two gateways / one machine?

11. two IP's on one machine using two differnet NIC's

12. One Process on the machine having two IP address and two ethernet interface.

13. two routers (two wans) connecting to one lan using two nics.