Loaded Question.

Post by Dave For » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Here is an interesting question... Suppose that you want to purchase
an upgrade from the present 3.2.xxx to the current production system,
AND you are not a business and just for your self.

Where would 1 get pricing and possibly place an order???

Sounds simple... I have tried to get info via the web (www.sco.com)

and right now, there is NO response from anyone. The web site lists
a place very close to me and I called to find out the have not handled
SCO for several years. I sent a request to another var. 7 days and no
respone... So where does 1 buy SCO products???

Thanks

Dave

Dave Foran                         Cleveland Hamnet BBS (440) 942-6382

Loaded Question.

Post by Grant Walter » Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00

>Here is an interesting question... Suppose that you want to purchase
>an upgrade from the present 3.2.xxx to the current production system,
>AND you are not a business and just for your self.

Try

http://www.sco.com/offers/

--
Regards
GRANT WALTERS

"NT makes the easy stuff easy, and the rest impossible.
Unix makes everything possible, but nothing too easy."

Loaded Question.

Post by Roger Corneli » Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00

>Here is an interesting question... Suppose that you want to purchase
>an upgrade from the present 3.2.xxx to the current production system,
>AND you are not a business and just for your self.

>Where would 1 get pricing and possibly place an order???

>Sounds simple... I have tried to get info via the web (www.sco.com)

>and right now, there is NO response from anyone. The web site lists
>a place very close to me and I called to find out the have not handled
>SCO for several years. I sent a request to another var. 7 days and no
>respone... So where does 1 buy SCO products???

Among others, there are:

http://www.unidirect.com
http://www.osexpress.com
http://www.scoss.com

--

1. Networking module loading question

Hi,

When I load a networking module in the new kernels, open routine of the
driver automatically gets called.
Basically I do
#insmod ./3c59x.o

Open routine of the driver gets called even though I have not opened the
interface with
#ifconfig eth0 up

Is there a way to stop automatic opening of the interface? Is kernel doing
it or some user level configuration
controls it?.

- Pankaj

2. Help! - Best way to upload content to an Apache web server..?

3. Odd link/load question, SunOS 4.1.1

4. diald in Debian problems (0/1)

5. MRTG disk load question

6. mount cdrom as regular user