HELP!!! Keyboard mapping/termcap problem

HELP!!! Keyboard mapping/termcap problem

Post by Eric C. Benne » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

HELP! If anone could give me some advice on this problem I am having it would
be GREATLY appreciated.

I am doing some work for a customer who has SCO UNIX at his job site and is
runninga Unify/Accell database program. The database program requires the use
of 10 of the function keys (f1-f10).

Problem: The customer wants to call into his office from home with a term
program and do some work in the database. Apparently the version of ANSI used
on SCO UNIX is different from ANSI used in standard Windows term programs. The
screens look fine, but the function keys do not work.

I have a term program that allows for the mapping of the function keys to
whatever I might need them to be, but what do they need to be set to?

If remapping the function keys isn't the answer, is there a term program (off
the shelf) that will work?

Thanks!

Eric Bennett
Abode Computer Services

Post by Bill Campbe » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: I am doing some work for a customer who has SCO UNIX at his job site and is
: runninga Unify/Accell database program. The database program requires the use
: of 10 of the function keys (f1-f10).
:
I've used mskermit in its VT320 mode with Unify databases with excellent
results.  I can probably dig out termcap entries for this if you send
me e-mail.

Bill
--

UUCP:              camco!bill   2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:           (206) 232-9186   Mercer Island, WA 98040; (206) 947-5591

Post by Bela Lubki » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> I am doing some work for a customer who has SCO UNIX at his job site and is
> runninga Unify/Accell database program. The database program requires the use
> of 10 of the function keys (f1-f10).

> Problem: The customer wants to call into his office from home with a term
> program and do some work in the database. Apparently the version of ANSI used
> on SCO UNIX is different from ANSI used in standard Windows term programs. The
> screens look fine, but the function keys do not work.

Use the term type "dosansi" instead of "ansi".  That selects a terminfo
entry which is based on DOS ANSI.SYS.
Quote:>Bela<

1. Help!! Keyboard map problem (newbie).

Hello. I have a problem. When i logon in Linux the keyboard works
fine, but once i start X the keyboard map changes and thats really
upsetting me.

During the installation i chose the pt2 keyboard. How do i set X to
use that same keyboard??

Thanks in advance.

2. kexpress 0.8.0 and url's

3. Need DEC Keyboard, keyboard mappings?

4. Colorado Jumbo 1400

5. how to map keyboard keys to sun keyboard ?

6. Solaris 2.5.1 crontab su -cf 'command'

7. Keyboard mapping-HELP!!

8. mp3 player and Linux

9. PLEASE help a newbie change keyboard .map!!!

10. HELP: UK win95 keyboard mapping?

11. help with rxvt and keyboard mappings

12. help with keyboard mapping

13. X Server Keyboard mappings..begging for help