SCO Open Server v5.0.0 Help - Missing boot disks.

SCO Open Server v5.0.0 Help - Missing boot disks.

Post by ThePhra » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I feel very stupid, but I lost my original SCO boot disks to install the
 Operating System.  Does anyone know where to obtain them or how to create them
 if possible?  I need the two disks that came with the SCO distribution CD.  I
 couldn't find them on WWW.SCO.COM, but maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
 Also if they are available and are compressed, does anyone have the
 instructions to put them onto floppies?

Thanks a lot.

SCO Open Server v5.0.0 Help - Missing boot disks.

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

ThePhrack propounded:
| I feel very stupid, but I lost my original SCO boot disks to install the
|  Operating System.  Does anyone know where to obtain them or how to create them
|  if possible?  I need the two disks that came with the SCO distribution CD.  I
|  couldn't find them on WWW.SCO.COM, but maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
|  Also if they are available and are compressed, does anyone have the
|  instructions to put them onto floppies?

Disks? plural? There's only an N0, and an image of it is on the CDROM,
under .../images/boot.  In DOS, you'll need rawrite to put it on a
diskette.
--

Post by Tom Philli » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>ThePhrack propounded:
>| I feel very stupid, but I lost my original SCO boot disks to install the
>|  Operating System.  Does anyone know where to obtain them or how to create
> them
>|  if possible?  I need the two disks that came with the SCO distribution CD.
>|  couldn't find them on WWW.SCO.COM, but maybe I am looking in the wrong
> place?
>|  Also if they are available and are compressed, does anyone have the
>|  instructions to put them onto floppies?

>Disks? plural? There's only an N0, and an image of it is on the CDROM,
>under .../images/boot.  In DOS, you'll need rawrite to put it on a
>diskette.

Prior to version 5.x there were "disks".  A boot disk and an M1 disk.

If you have release 5.x, they are on the CD Rom.  Otherwise, I think you will
need to talk to SCO sales about disks.

----------
Tom Phillips
Employers Resource

SCO Open Server v5.0.0 Help - Missing boot disks.

Post by ThePhra » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

This is SCO Open Server v5.0.0 CDROM not 5.0.2 or 5.0.4.  I do not see a images
 directory on the CDROM under the images directory, in fact, there isn't a
 images subdirectory?

The disks I know about are the Boot Disk, Supplemental includes ATAPI support,
 SCO gateway for Netware and IPX/SPX disks.

Any ideas?

SCO Open Server v5.0.0 Help - Missing boot disks.

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

ThePhrack propounded:
| This is SCO Open Server v5.0.0 CDROM not 5.0.2 or 5.0.4.  I do not see a images
|  directory on the CDROM under the images directory, in fact, there isn't a
|  images subdirectory?
|
| The disks I know about are the Boot Disk, Supplemental includes ATAPI support,
|  SCO gateway for Netware and IPX/SPX disks.

Never heard of all those extra disks for OSR 5.0.anything.

Spend $25 and get an OSR5.0.4 CD-ROM.

--

1. Value question: SCO Open Server V5.0.0 5 User

Anyone have an idea of the street value of this?

i'm looking to sell what I have (MOdel SA260-UX74-5.0.0)
includes a 5 user license. (never installed)

Thanks in advance.

-
#cat  sig.txt<cr>
Bill Selander                   Whittaker Xyplex, Inc.
Support Engineer                295 Foster Street
Product Support, CommSrvrs      Littleton, MA 01460-2016

Support Phone: 800-435-7997     Support Fax: 508-952-4880

2. New Dell with a ATA66: any hope?

3. (Newbe ) Help I need boot disk to install SCO Open Server 5 and instructions

4. Lpd port not working

5. Problems with uucico under SCO Open Server V5

6. filesystem export from linux to SGI (NFS)

7. If my boot-disk crashes - what do i do (SCO Open server 5)

8. Capacity Planning

9. Broken symbolic link to /tmp in SCO OpenServer v5.0.0

10. FS: SCO Unix OpenServer Enterprise v5.0.0 5 user

11. boot disk with SCO V5

12. NT Server 4.0 & SCO OPEN SERVER- Dual Boot

13. SCO Open Server Enterprise 5.0 / Virtual Disk Manager