OSR5.0.0 -- tuneable kernel parameters

Post by OUP Karachi, Pakista » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have to reconfigure the tuneable kernel parameter NPROC and MAXUPRC
of OSR5. The parameters are available in 3.2.4.2 but I am unable to
find them in OSR5. Have they been renamed?

-Azfar

Post by Bela Lubki » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> I have to reconfigure the tuneable kernel parameter NPROC and MAXUPRC
> of OSR5. The parameters are available in 3.2.4.2 but I am unable to
> find them in OSR5. Have they been renamed?

NPROC has been obsoleted; the kernel automatically tunes the process
table.  MAXUP is still there, as always, and you must spell it
correctly, as always.
Quote:>Bela<