Netterm from Boundless - port id for printer port with netcat

Netterm from Boundless - port id for printer port with netcat

Post by Gary Quirin » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to use a NetTerminal from Boundless Technologies with the
'netcat' program.  I use netcat with other print servers like Lantronix
without a hitch.

The doc from Boundless claims the port id is 10002 for lpt1, but I can't
get it to work.  The port prints fine using SCO lpd, but I need some
filters, and that's when I use netcat.

Gary Quiring

Netterm from Boundless - port id for printer port with netcat

Post by Gary Quirin » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm trying to use a NetTerminal from Boundless Technologies with the
>'netcat' program.  I use netcat with other print servers like Lantronix
>without a hitch.

>The doc from Boundless claims the port id is 10002 for lpt1, but I can't
>get it to work.  The port prints fine using SCO lpd, but I need some
>filters, and that's when I use netcat.

>Gary Quiring

For all that might be interested, the netterm can be used with netcat, but
you must reassign the printer port to "soccet access".  The port id is
10002. This causes one limitation - no print screens.

Gary Q

1. Printer prints from ttyS0 (modem port), but how from ttyS1 (printer port)?

My system works.  Finally.  :)

Now, I'd like it to make sense when I'm plugging things in the back
of the computer.

Currently my HP DeskWriter is plugged into the modem port of my 8500/G3
running LinuxPPC 2.2.18.  However, when I try to switch to ttyS1 (which I'm
assuming is the printer port) and plug the printer into the printer port,
I get garbage when printing test pages from printtool.

Plug it back into the modem port, and go back to ttyS0, everything is
fine again.

Is ttyS1 *not* the PrinterPort?

Tks,
patrick

2. Linux and LAT.

3. printer port not showing - adding new port

4. iptable chewing up CPU

5. HELP: multiple printers on one port, port closed before output written

6. Problem with 2.2.1 Install !!!

7. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk

8. Solaris 2.x for PowerPC (MPC6xy)?

9. Problem opening a listening port using netcat ( or other server )

10. Port problem/Netcat problem

11. syntax for netcat listening from multiple target hosts any port

12. Netcat - multiple UDP input ports?

13. Problem adding tty port using 128 Port Async Adapter with 16 port Async Node