PROBLEM: VDM on OSR5.0.0

Post by James Machad » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to mirror 2 hard drives using Virtual Disk Manager (with the
1.1.0 patch) on OSR5.0.0,
and I'm running into problems.  I can correctly mirror the root, boot,
and swap partitions, but when
I try and create a 'vdisk4' and mirror the /u partition it will not
take.  VDM seems to be looking at the
second drive (the one with no information) to be the master and the
primary drive to be the parity
drive.  When I go in and allocate the space I want to mirror it takes it
for vdisk4.1 but tells me there
is not enough space on the parity drive to make the mirror.  I have been
unable to change the location
that VDM is pointing to look at vdisk4.1.

Any and All help is appreciated,

Thank you
James Machado
Ilex Computer Corp.