Supressing Form feed for a standard printer config

Supressing Form feed for a standard printer config

Post by Cisco Vil » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am currently running an NCR WorldMark 4600 Server with SCO Openserver
5.0.4.  I have a HP LaserJet 5L connected via parallel port.  I am able to
print just fine, but it continues to formfeed after each print job.  I know
its not a huge problem, it's just annoying. I have looked in
var/spool/lp/admins/lp/printers/ to see if there is something I can set in
the configuration, but I think I am missing something.  If anyone has any
suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,

Cisco Vila
Systems Administrator
Hitachi Koki USA, Ltd

Supressing Form feed for a standard printer config

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Cisco Vila bruited (on 15Jun):
| Hello,
|
| I am currently running an NCR WorldMark 4600 Server with SCO Openserver
| 5.0.4.  I have a HP LaserJet 5L connected via parallel port.  I am able to
| print just fine, but it continues to formfeed after each print job.  I know
| its not a huge problem, it's just annoying. I have looked in
| var/spool/lp/admins/lp/printers/ to see if there is something I can set in
| the configuration, but I think I am missing something.  If anyone has any
| suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Remove the final echoing of a formfeed in the interface script.

--

Supressing Form feed for a standard printer config

Post by Duane Curle » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have even found that one doesn't need to comment out that last "echo
\f\c" line for HPLaserJet interface file.  The script seems to just
recognize where the end of a file is at and sends a form feed, or if the
last page is exactly 60 lines, or the app has sent a form feed.  I have
never modified the HPLaserJet interface file on my SCO systems for any
model HP LaserJet, InkJet printer.

Just some thoughts.

| I would agree. I have a HP DeskJet 693C and it works great using the
| LaserJet interface script. To remove the extra formfeed you need to edit
| /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces/myprintername
| where myprintername is the name of your printer within unix.
| Go to the bottom of the file and locate the line that reads:
|     echo "/f/c"
| Comment this line out by inserting a # (hash) in the 1st column of this
| line.
|

|      __
|     /  /         /
|    /__/  .  __  /__
|   /  |  / /    /   /
|  /   | / /__  /   /
|
| Richard Howlett
|
| Anti-spamming email address above!
| Use the one below to reply

1. Supressing form-feeds on lp-raw, SuSE 8.0

Hi all:

Under SuSE 7.3 I was able to suppress form-feeds, which casue a blank
sheet
between jobs, when sending to lp-raw from a Windows box.  This was done
by setting PRINT_RAW_SUPPRESS_FORMFEED="yes" in /etc/apsfilterrc, since
adding  sh: in printcap doesn't work anymore.

Now I have installed SuSE 8.0, and cannot find /etc/apsfilterrc.

So, how now do I suppress the formfeed?

Any help appreciated

TIA

2. How to start with single mode when I forget root's password ?

3. how can I suppress lpr's form feeds?

4. File modes in C

5. URGENT [Q] how do I supress form feeds in Solaris 2.5.1 printing?

6. Hercules Stingray

7. How to supress form feed on a lineprinter ?

8. How good are you at Samba?

9. Samba - adding Form Feed to Win95 networked printer output

10. No form-feed (FF) on network printer

11. Making a Laser printer do it's Form Feeds.

12. Printer problem with form feed

13. Network Printers, no Form Feed between Jobs!