MMDF- From tag in Header

Post by Michael Molkenth » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

hello,

in the first line of the email header mmdf is placing a additional
"From". It is written in uucp-style. This will often be
misunderstanded by other smtp hosts. How can i switch it off.

Michael Molkenthin

MMDF- From tag in Header

Post by John DuBo » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

+in the first line of the email header mmdf is placing a additional
+"From". It is written in uucp-style. This will often be
+misunderstanded by other smtp hosts. How can i switch it off.

My guess, based on this minimal description, is that you are passing messages
to an ISP via UUCP, since this is the common circumstance in which MMDF
rewrites headers in UUCP (bang) format.  See the Mail and Messaging Guide,
Chapter 4 (Managing mail with MMDF), Channel Configuration Strings for a
description of how to set this behaviour to what you want.

        John
--

I wish to God these calculations had been executed by steam. - Charles Babbage

1. Problems getting META tags to generate headers

I've discovered that my Apache 1.2b2 does not produce HTTP headers
from the META tags in documents like the HTML specs say it should.  I
suspect that this is a simple configuration problem, but I haven't
found anything in the documentation that mentions this facility, so I
don't know what to do.

Dale
--
Dale R. Worley                                  Ariadne Internet Services

"Internet-based electronic commerce solutions to real business problems."

2. Red Hat raid stumper

3. how to make tags of c++ header files

4. Unix Icons..?

5. X-UserInfo1 Header Tag?

6. NCD16 Xterminal

7. MMDF SMTP, Headers, and POP

8. mmencode

9. MMDF and POP/SMTP from headers

10. MMDF SMTP, Headers, and POP

11. mmdf header problem/question SCO5.0

12. mmdf receive header year

13. Headers, Headers, whos got the Headers