Who change the system time?

Post by Michelle Le » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

In SCO UNIX, how can I know who changed the system time and when he
changed?  As I know, under /var/adm, utmp,utmpx, wtmp, wtmpx record the
relative information but they seem need some tools to view the context.
Could you kindly teach me how to solve it?
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Michelle

Who change the system time?

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Michelle Lee typed (on 27Oct):

| In SCO UNIX, how can I know who changed the system time and when he
| changed?  As I know, under /var/adm, utmp,utmpx, wtmp, wtmpx record the
| relative information but they seem need some tools to view the context.
| Could you kindly teach me how to solve it?
| Thanks a lot.

Unless your system has been hacked, only root can change the time.

--

Who change the system time?

Post by Mike Hopkirk(ho » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>In SCO UNIX, how can I know who changed the system time and when he
>changed?
>As I know, under /var/adm, utmp,utmpx, wtmp, wtmpx record the
>relative information but they seem need some tools to view the context.
>Could you kindly teach me how to solve it?

On Osr5
    /usr/lib/acct/fwtmp </var/adm/wtmp
will dump the wtmp info

the records have comments
    old time
    new time

--
- hops

Everything disclaimed (including disclaimer)

Mike Hopkirk ( hops )  |       Whenever possible steal code.
SCO Inc                |          Tom Duff. (ex) Bell Labs