More help needed with Morning Star PPP

Post by Neil Saha » Sun, 28 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Please help
My Configuration connects me to my I.S.P. , but after a short time
fails. When I view the pppd log I get the messages "chat script
succeeded" and then "Missed ALLSTATION flush frame" Amongst other
messages.
My I.S.P. is Demon Internet, so do I need PAP authentication?
I have commented out the default entry in the Auth file.
MY modem is an internal Tornado 28800 on COM3, but I am running it at
9600 in case the problem lies with buffer overflow.
The following is an example of my Morning Star files:

Devices :
atdialTORNADO  tty3A 9600

Dialers:
atdialTornado ABORT NO ABORT BUSSY TIMEOUT 5 " " AT OK_AT_OK ATDT\T
TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT

Systems:
158.152.1.43 Any; ACU 9600 2479666 " " in:--in: \dsludge word:
\q<password>

Autostart:
/usr/lib/mstppp/dialout 158.152.197.98 : 158.152.1.43 auto exec
/usr/lib/mstppp/exec.dialout netmask 255.255.255.0 idle 60 debug 5

Much appreciation to the good people who replied to my last message and
with a bit help and luck I should get this bit sorted as well.

Thanks Neil.

--
Neil Sahar

1. SCO PPP vs Morning Star PPP

Hi,

I've just been playing around with 5.0.4 and am trying to decide whether
to keep using SCO PPP or switch to Morningstar PPP when I actually get
around to upgrading our main server (currently 5.0.2).  We maintain a
permanent internet link via modem plus have a number of remote users
dialing in using PPP and also access most of our client sites using PPP.
We have had very few problems at all with SCO PPP and would be quite
happy to keep on using it.  However, SCO seem to be pushing Morningstar
PPP for internet related stuff.

What benefits would I get from switching to Morningstar PPP?

TIA.

Scott.

MU Systems Pty Ltd                                Phone: +61 7 3351 6677
Brisbane Australia
Authorised SCO Reseller       C & Informix Development & Support for SCO

2. Understanding the Linux Kernel Book

3. Help with Morning Star PPP

4. Showing stats for specific website instead of top nth

5. PPP Morning Star / Filters

6. Mayday

7. ppp Morning Star on 5.0.2 ?

8. background image