MMDF problem: One user's e-mail will not deliver

MMDF problem: One user's e-mail will not deliver

Post by Josh Childe » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have run into a rather inexplicable problem with MMDF.  I have one user
who, though his e-mail configuration is nothing special, is receiving no
e-mail at all.  Everyone else can get it with no problem, but his stays in
the local channel forever.

The only changes that have been made recently was that we forwarded his
mail to another account while he was away from the office.  We have done
this many times in the past with no difficulty, but this time when we
switched it back we began experiencing the above problem.  All of the
deliver processes have been restarted, and all the files have been
rebuilt.  I ran integrity, which revealed some file permission problems,
so I ran fixmog and restarted everything again.  Still this has not solved
the problem.  Any ideas?

Josh

Post by Jack GF Hi » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>The only changes that have been made recently was that we forwarded his
>mail to another account while he was away from the office.

Should work fine....

Quote:>We have done
>this many times in the past with no difficulty, but this time when we
>switched it back we began experiencing the above problem.  All of the
>deliver processes have been restarted, and all the files have been
>rebuilt.  I ran integrity, which revealed some file permission problems,
>so I ran fixmog and restarted everything again.  Still this has not solved
>the problem.  Any ideas?

Just one... there is a binary "checkaddr" i believe in the /usr/mmdf/bin
directory (we use sendmail and this is from memory...) and there is a
man page for it... I believe there are options for it that will give you
the full details of what is going on....

run that against the user's mail address and see what it says... the
easy to overlook will trip you as much as the obscure...
--
73, Jack W4KH

     "Il n'y a que les idiots qui ne changent jamais d'idee"

Post by Steve Wer » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> >The only changes that have been made recently was that we forwarded his
> >mail to another account while he was away from the office.
> Should work fine....

There are many ways to re-direct mail using mmdf.  Which method did
you choose?

Quote:> >We have done
> >this many times in the past with no difficulty, but this time when we
> >switched it back we began experiencing the above problem.  All of the
> >deliver processes have been restarted, and all the files have been
> >rebuilt.  I ran integrity, which revealed some file permission problems,
> >so I ran fixmog and restarted everything again.  Still this has not solved
> >the problem.  Any ideas?

> Just one... there is a binary "checkaddr" i believe in the /usr/mmdf/bin
> directory (we use sendmail and this is from memory...) and there is a
> man page for it... I believe there are options for it that will give you
> the full details of what is going on....

> run that against the user's mail address and see what it says... the
> easy to overlook will trip you as much as the obscure...

You can also run "deliver -wclocal".

-sw

1. MMDF does not deliver mail to any local users

Hi,

We have configured a standalone SCO Unix box which connects to the
remote Solaris box via ppp.  The ppp connection is good and the name server
is good for all network applications except for the local mail delivery.
We use MMDF as the MTA.  We can send email to anywhere else except ourselves.
When we send email to the users within the same local domain (where is
the Solaris box is located), it always complained about "host name lookup
failure).

Could someone point out the problem for us?  Thanks in advance.

STY

2. Anitvirus for UNIX

3. E-mail Messages to Local Users Being Queued, Not Delivered

4. P-II P-III or Celeron in an Apache Server

5. MMDF SMTP fails to deliver mail in @relay:user@host format

6. How to use sed to read from a file several lines.

7. Problem with smail not delivering incoming e-mail

8. ping: sendto: Permission denied (ifconfig alias)

9. MMDF won't deliver inbound mail

10. mmdf mail rejected by deliver from linux box, sendmail doesn't work

11. e-mail doesn't get delivered on Linux system [?]

12. MMDF: Multiple email domains on one machine