year 2000

Post by william corsin » Wed, 26 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have been trying to boot SCO UNIX 3.2.4 after year 2000.  During boot up
only allowed 2 digits for year.  Tried changing system clock but this only
works the first boot.  For each boot after that date is wrong and tends to
default to 1970.  I tried from single user mode but again UNIX will not
accept date.

Does anyone know when SCO is updating to allow boot after year 2000?

year 2000

Post by Bela Lubki » Thu, 27 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> I have been trying to boot SCO UNIX 3.2.4 after year 2000.  During boot up
> only allowed 2 digits for year.  Tried changing system clock but this only
> works the first boot.  For each boot after that date is wrong and tends to
> default to 1970.  I tried from single user mode but again UNIX will not
> accept date.

> Does anyone know when SCO is updating to allow boot after year 2000?

Yes, about a month ago.  It is SLS uod426b, on ftp.sco.com:/SLS.
Quote:>Bela<

year 2000

Post by Mark Ra » Fri, 28 Jun 1996 04:00:00

[e-mailed and posted]

>I have been trying to boot SCO UNIX 3.2.4 after year 2000.  During boot up
>only allowed 2 digits for year.  Tried changing system clock but this only
>works the first boot.  For each boot after that date is wrong and tends to
>default to 1970.  I tried from single user mode but again UNIX will not
>accept date.

>Does anyone know when SCO is updating to allow boot after year 2000?

The piece of code that verifies the date at boot-up is a shell script
called /etc/asktime.  There's nothing (AFAIK) in the kernel or in the
'date' command (which DOES allow you so specify century) to prevent the
system from keeping a correct date after the year 2000 (but before, if
memory serves, January 18, 2038, when a signed long is insufficient for
time_t).

I'm pretty sure that all it will take to get your system working is a
minor change to /etc/asktime.
--

1. Year 2000. Data is set to year 1970.

A client or us SCO-UNIX 3.2v4.2  has the
following problem:

After reboot sometimes the date of the machine is set to the actual day and
month, but
to the year 1970!!
After correcting the date manually, everything works fine until the next
reboot.

2. Best way to partition drive for both DOS and Linux ?

3. Solaris 2.3 year & year 2000

4. NIS+:NisDirCacheEntry()::myConstructor - xdr_directory_obj failed

5. Linux and Year 2000 (Y2K)?

6. Are you doing token ring ?

7. Year 2000 compliant ?

8. Cannot access Linux computer from outside LAN

9. Is it ok to apply year 2000 patchs on AIX 3.2.3 ?.

10. year 2000

11. Year 2000 Readiness

12. Apache YEAR 2000

13. Y2K Law Handbook: Year 2000 Problem Legal Guide