Is there 'ar' or 'ranlib' on SCO?

Post by Oussik Oganessi » Fri, 14 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am new to SCO, so please excuse the dummy question - it is very urgent for me.

Is there 'ar' or 'ranlib' on SCO? I need to compile a program, but the make can't find them.  I fear, they are not part of SCO... Is there anything I can use instead?  How do you create libriries?

Thank you.

Houssik Hovhannisian

1. is there 'ar' or 'ranlib' for SCO?

Hi, can someone help me?

I need to compile a program on SCO UNIX, but the make can't find 'ar' and ranlib.  I have workd only  with Solaris before and don't know wether these commands are available on SCO.  Perhaps there is a third-party program which can be used instead?
Please help!

Thanks,
Houssik

2. telnet script

3. /usr/libexec/ld.so ... where??

4. Need documentation for 'ar' command's error messages

5. Suggestions on how to use Linux for an email server

6. Upgrading 'arad' Drivers to 'alad' on Altos 7000 running Altos SCO Unix

7. rsh from aix to tru64 don't work

8. HELP with IRIX 5.1.1.1 (About 'ranlib')

9. 'double' or 'dbl' or 'dble', the disk space utilty

11. What is 'stty', 'term' & 'tty'

12. Simple 'sed', 'awk', 'cut' problem