Locale error on SCO OpenServer 5.0.2c

Post by Marvin Thoma » Sat, 21 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Dose anyone know why, after a crash a couple of days ago, every time I
print to the server I get the error :-
            UX: lp: WARNING: Couldn't get locale information ???

Marvin

Locale error on SCO OpenServer 5.0.2c

Post by Kees Brandsted » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:48:54 +0100, Marvin Thomas

>Dose anyone know why, after a crash a couple of days ago, every time I
>print to the server I get the error :-
>            UX: lp: WARNING: Couldn't get locale information ???

>Marvin

We had the same situation but not after a crash.
The solution was the LANG variable in /etc/profile
If it was not set or set to LANG=C the error did not
occur.

Kees Brandsteder
C.Steinweg - Handelsveem BV

1. Changing IP Address & Sending mail from a PC to OpenServer 5.0.2c

Please help,

IP Address
Can anyone tell me how to change the IP address of a server running SCO
OpenServer 5.0.2c ?
I have changed the IP address in the Network Configuration Manager, but
after rebooting the server, I can't ping it. Also the portmapper keeps
giveing me an error messages "portmapper on server (IP Address) is not
responding".

Mail from PC to Srever
I have been trying to configure Microsoft Exchange to send & recieve mail
to our network server. Exchange recieves mail OK but try as I may, it will
not send mail ?

Thanks in advance

2. Tekronix X-Terminal problem

3. mkdev error message on SCO OpenServer 5.0

4. custom jumpstart drops to interactive install, ignores custom config

5. Keyboard codes under SCO 5.0.2c

6. KFM Core Dumps

7. Setup PPP on SCO 5.0.2c machine

8. modularization of setup_arch() for 2.4.19pre8

9. Sco ODS 5.0.2c ftp freeze

10. SCO 5.0.2c with 3 x HP J2585B and 4 x 200 Pentium Pro

11. SCO 5.0.2c with 3 x HP J2585B solved

12. How can configure PAP protocol in my SCO OpenServer 5.0 ?

13. SCO Openserver 5.0