Token Ring MTU set where?

Post by Gunter Ahren » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I would appreciate if someone could email me which file or how i can
change the token ring mtu size in sco 3.2

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. Adding an IP Address to masq file

3. Token Ring and MTU setting

4. How to save the output of a man page to a file without the formatting directiives?

5. TOKEN RING? (unfortunately *IBM* Token Ring)

6. How to setup an X Window terminal

7. MTU under Token Ring

8. Problem with ldterm

9. Token Ring working, but MTU < 1995 bytes

10. Token Ring/ifconfig/MTU's

11. Setting up an ancient token ring network.

12. Token Ring: setting address

13. Help setting up token ring card