ATAPI CDROM and unix 3.2 4.2 and UOD429A

ATAPI CDROM and unix 3.2 4.2 and UOD429A

Post by colanz » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have installed the patch, and now It recognize the WD adapter, but when I
try to mount CD,
the mount command hangs.

Can someoune help me?

Thank you

ATAPI CDROM and unix 3.2 4.2 and UOD429A

Post by Roberto Zi » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>I have installed the patch, and now It recognize the WD adapter, but when
>try to mount CD,
>the mount command hangs.

>Can someoune help me?

>Thank you

Hi !

This happened to a collegue of mine last week. This was due to
an incorrect/unsupported/who knows ATAPI CD-ROM configuration.
We tried the DOS drivers under the native MS-DOS partition
(we have a machine with 2 partitions, the first one for DOS and
the second one for UNIX) and neither the DOS driver was able to
catch it. We changed the EIDE configuration (we moved from
Primary/Slave to Secondary/Master) and everything worked ok.

Hope this helps !

Best,
Roberto

Strhold Sistemi EDP
Reggio Emilia      ITALY
Has anyone seen an aircraft carrier around ?