Establishing Internet Connection

Post by Julius P Gulto » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have SCO Openserver 5.0.2 FreeUnix. The problem is I can't establish
an internet connection. After I logged to my ISP, I received odd
characters, at this point I dont know what else to do (I use cu to log
in). Could someone help me to solve this problem?

Regards,

Julius PG.

Establishing Internet Connection

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Julius P Gultom bruited (on 05Jun):
| I have SCO Openserver 5.0.2 FreeUnix. The problem is I can't establish
| an internet connection. After I logged to my ISP, I received odd
| characters, at this point I dont know what else to do (I use cu to log
| in). Could someone help me to solve this problem?

You should use cu if you are expecting to get a login shell on your
ISP's computer.

This is probably not the case, and I bet you are suppose to be getting a
PPP connection.  So set up ppp.

--

Establishing Internet Connection

Post by THarris » Sun, 07 Jun 1998 04:00:00

This is more than likely because you are trying to use cu to call your ISP.
Your ISP is setup to make a PPP connection cu wont make a PPP connection.
Insatll the Morning Star PPP on from the CD.

1. Cannot establish internet connection

I'm a newbie to Linux and I cannot make a connection to the internet. I've
found a lot on documentation or HowTo about this but I still cannot success.
I add a pp0 in the network configuration and activate it in the Usenet
program. The modem then start dialing like in Window9X. However, when the
three light( MR, OH, CD ) on the modem turn on for a while, the connection
is cut. The colour of the button in the usenet program remain yellow colour.
I wonder what's my problem and how to solve it. Thanks.

Kelvin

2. Memory limits

3. kbdconfig?

4. MDK 9.1: How can I run a firewall before establishing ppp0 internet connection?

5. .cshrc

6. ppp connection terminates after connection established

7. nVidia nForce3 250gb network driver for kernel 2.6

8. Getting beyond an established firewall?...internet access okay on same box with NT but not linux.

9. connect a linux machine to the internet via internet connection sharing

10. Internet-Junkie Linux-Newbie Trying to Configure Cable Internet Connection

11. internet connection dies sometims after usenet connection times out

12. Internet Connection via a Network Shared Connection in RedHat 7.2