Help 5.0.4 Faststart server unable to connect to manager

Help 5.0.4 Faststart server unable to connect to manager

Post by Gavin Jackso » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,
       Am in the process of setting up my first 5.0.4 faststart server
and according to the doco's you can access a connect manager type thing
to allow you to customise the location of files and stuff, I seem to
fail validation each and every time I try. I have not changed anything
from the defaults .

We are not using DNS at the moment but will eventually, Dos that have
any bearing ?

Ok, I give up, Anyone got a good suggestion

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gavin

Post by Pat Welc » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all,
>        Am in the process of setting up my first 5.0.4 faststart server
> and according to the doco's you can access a connect manager type thing
> to allow you to customise the location of files and stuff, I seem to
> fail validation each and every time I try. I have not changed anything
> from the defaults .

> We are not using DNS at the moment but will eventually, Dos that have
> any bearing ?

> Ok, I give up, Anyone got a good suggestion

> Thanks in advance.

> Regards,
> Gavin

I just went through the same thing.  Internet Manager failed my PPP
connection evry time.

Once, out of shear irritation I clicked on the home page on the netscape
top.  Bang! up came SCO's home page.

I'm up fine now, but IM's connection test STILL says failed when I try
it just for ducks. Go figure.

Pat Welch, UBB Computer Services
           A SCO Authorized Reseller
           (209) 745-1401 Fax: (209) 745-5640