Free Sco

Post by Steven E. Frazie » Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have a 486, CDROM is an ADAPI, I would like to install the "FREE SCO",
but there were any instructions with it. There was a boot floppy and
another floppy, can someone tell me how to use the boot floppy with a IDE
drive and ADPI cdrom, please?

Thanks.

Free Sco

Post by Cosmo Le » Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Steven,

Do a search on "EIDE install problem" on Deja  News (www.deja.com) and
you should be able to pull up my thread about this same problem.

HTH.

Cosmo Lee

1. Free SCO == Free Motif?

With all the excitement over SCO offering free licenses to Unixware,
has anyone given any thought to the implications for the motif
libraries?  Normally, I know, OSF requires a royalty payment for every
copy of Motif distributed.  Is SCO actually paying this fee for every
copy that gets downloaded?  If not, this seems (and pardon my legal
ignorance) to set a nice precedent for _anyone_ to distribute free
copies of OSF/Motif under the same kind of license agreement
(i.e. academic or non-commercial use).

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?  The free availability of
motif libraries for free unices would be an enormous boon for a lot of
people, and would essentially remove what I see as the last great
deficiency of the free unix community.

Oh, and can we please refrain from letting this degenerate into a
flame war about the utility/adequacy/design/unfreeness of motif?  The
truth is that a lot of software, even a lot of free software, is
written using motif, and the lack of free (monentarily free) libraries
is a major problem.  If you want to debate motif, please change the
subject heading.

Andy Ross

2. DOS partition

3. Free SCO UnixWare against Free Solaris 2.6.

4. Mylex DAC960 RAID Controller

5. Free SCO == Free Motif?

6. Tim O Reilly interview. Very good read.

7. Back on topic - Free SCO == Free Motif?

8. Recent kernels sound crash solution found?

9. Does SCO Merge and WABI come with Free SCO OpenServer?

10. Problem with loading Free SCO

11. Can an Iomega Ditto tape drive be configured on Free SCO OS5?

12. Free SCO floppy install problem

13. Free SCO OpenServer or Red Hat 3.0.3?